2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Dinan SUCKS

09-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

will post some numbers November 8th
      09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
HighConcept
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F-Ten ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
12.4 stock? I'm impressed!! Not to take any credit away from BB, but 12.1 doesn't look all that fast anymore. As far as the tormenting, all you need to do is read his posts across several BMW forums. I know he's having fun and he's been quite good at finding phantom tunes, so good on him.
Cute. Glad you're impressed!!! . Regarding BB, I don't recall him calling Dinan GT anything or even the OP for that matter -- the attacks forward to Dinan which the owners of the tune themselves end up agreeing on.

You certainly have an agenda and hostility toward BB lol. Here's what I will start doing concerning you:

Quote:
Burn a hole? People wonder why it would out perform Dinan. Well I guess burn a hole would be why.

Anyway, same day, same car, same driver, stock(ish) vs 2.25psi vs 4.0psi would be helpful to let future buyers of BMS know how much the tune actually adds - no BS. If it is 12.8, 12.4, & 12.1 that's one thing, but if it is 12.8, 12.7, & 12.1 then that's something completely different.
You seem a bit confused and lacking in research for someone who appears so obsessed with this. Does it make sense why BB resolved to 100 octane? So he doesn't burn a hole w/ 4.0 in achieving lower times!

With your request, it's already been tested. It seems most of those acquiring a BMS tune are already knowledgeable of this except for you. Here's what you can do... .

Many can resort to smartass comments/remarks and sarcasm just like you, but maybe acquiesce it's a bit childish? So, let's attempt to be a bit more civil and grown up with our dialogue.

This is NOT Dinan vs BMS, its about discussing which tune for price/gains/quality/worth/value one sustains and provides. It's not about fanboyism even if there's an illusion of that -- if so, the OP would still blindly defend Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I think Terry should start paying BB for all of his posts lol
      09-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
dunderhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Look in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighConcept View Post
Cute. Glad you're impressed!!! . Regarding BB, I don't recall him calling Dinan GT anything or even the OP for that matter -- the attacks forward to Dinan which the owners of the tune themselves end up agreeing on.

You certainly have an agenda and hostility toward BB lol. Here's what I will start doing concerning you:

You seem a bit confused and lacking in research for someone who appears so obsessed with this. Does it make sense why BB resolved to 100 octane? So he doesn't burn a hole w/ 4.0 in achieving lower times!

With your request, it's already been tested. It seems most of those acquiring a BMS tune are already knowledgeable of this except for you. Here's what you can do... .

Many can resort to smartass comments/remarks and sarcasm just like you, but maybe acquiesce it's a bit childish? So, let's attempt to be a bit more civil and grown up with our dialogue.

This is NOT Dinan vs BMS, its about discussing which tune for price/gains/quality/worth/value one sustains and provides. It's not about fanboyism even if there's an illusion of that -- if so, the OP would still blindly defend Dinan.

Sorry, if I interrupted your bash Dinan rant with some logic to help evaluate which tune provides the best price/gains/quality/worth/value/reliability/risk. I didn't realize BMS guys were overly sensitive. The OP showed 12.4 sec results with Dinan Stage 2 and you claimed that was stock performance. So let's see your stock results. I have seen plenty of stock results and no one has been even close to 12.4 (Proof) and others who have measured BMS on the N63 at the track haven't come close to BB's results, so it would be nice to see how he does with each variation of tune. My searches have shown only 0.1 sec gains with BMS on the N63. (More Proof) I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Of course you actually have to provide some proof of your own. Using to attempt to sound superior is meaningless if it is complete BS.

Being a stand-up guy, BB is willing to do some methodical testing for future BMS buyers. BB has impressed me with his 12.1 sec runs and I have given him kudos in numerous posts. BTW, I'm the one who nicknamed him BB on several forums. Thanks for using it.

Anyway, you are sounding like a true noob. You quickly draw the troll-card when all that happened was that were startled by your own reflection. If you think is your friend, produce some results or start using it yourself.

Last edited by dunderhi; 09-17-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #27
ClassM
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i msport/M5 E60/M3 E9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi
Quote:

Sorry, if I interrupted your bash Dinan rant with some logic to help evaluate which tune provides the best price/gains/quality/worth/value/reliability/risk. I didn't realize BMS guys were overly sensitive. The OP showed 12.4 sec results with Dinan Stage 2 and you claimed that was stock performance. So let's see your stock results. I have seen plenty of stock results and no one has been even close to 12.4 (Proof) and others who have measured BMS on the N63 at the track haven't come close to BB's results, so it would be nice to see how he does with each variation of tune. My searches have shown only 0.1 sec gains with BMS on the N63. (More Proof) I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Of course you actually have to provide some proof of your own. Using to attempt to sound superior is meaningless if it is complete BS.

Being a stand-up guy, BB is willing to do some methodical testing for future BMS buyers. BB has impressed me with his 12.1 sec runs and I have given him kudos in numerous posts. BTW, I'm the one who nicknamed him BB on several forums. Thanks for using it.

Anyway, you are sounding like a true noob. You quickly draw the troll-card when all that happened was that were startled by your own reflection. If you think is your friend, produce some results or start using it yourself.
You got problems and anyone who knows HC(look at me i can initialize someones name im so smart and original), can tell ya he can give a rats ass about whatever tune you losers drool over.

God, you act like someone took your home they just talking about dinan being overpriced n YOU know it. I havent seen highconcept say one bad thing about dinan yet. All you do is bash everyone if they even mebtion anything bad about dinan. Dinan fan much bro?

Maybe its you who is startled by ya reflection and sorry they ruined your placebo effect. Ya kinda slow too if u didnt get his message he was taunting u the whole time til the very end. Take your time n read before letting that anger of yours comment, young boy.

Take it from someone who owns a dinan setup too, i actually regret spending 10k on this crap. I dont even own bms or plan to but will say its stupid to obsess like a lil girl lol. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #28
HighConcept
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Uhm, right . If that makes you feel better.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I will be going to the track with BB in the next few weeks. I too have a '13 550xi with the BMS stage 1 only. We will get to see:

(a) if my car runs nearly the same, like for like settings
(b) how the cars run side by side on different settings.

We are both running non RFT tires, but he has summers and I have A/S FWIW, and I'm finally over 2k miles so we are both past break in by a long way.

Also, I have been in his car - feel identical to mine, minus his non-adaptive suspension , and nicer aluminum trim.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
I will be going to the track with BB in the next few weeks. I too have a '13 550xi with the BMS stage 1 only. We will get to see:

Also, I have been in his car - feel identical to mine, minus his non-adaptive suspension , and nicer aluminum trim.
you ass

dunderhi

It's simple why other BMS cars did not run what i ran at the track... i am AWD, brake boosting on take off, which gives me a gain of about .4 in the 1/4.... 60 foot is a very important factor.
i am also running on 100 octane and +1.75 PSI more than stock BMS 1.
When i ran the time of 12.7 it was my 1st time in horrible DA with a 1.9 60 foot which is a horrible 60 foot for my car that is due to the rain that day and the track being slippery i ran on 93 octane.
My consistent 60 foot is 1.7 which shows why i can have consistent 12.2 1/4 times. as the weather gets better i will be in high 11's on tune only + 100 octane and +1.75 PSI extra.
The extra PSI is added for safety reasons and should be done as such even on a Dinan car, By pushing boost higher you need higher octane to support the timing curve used.
That is also the reason i think other BMS car's cant match my times, they all run on 93 octane, heat soaking the car and cars ECU pulling the timing and making it slower.

Last edited by badblack550xi; 09-18-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Yeah yeah yeah. I'll run 100 octane from the same gas station and we can set this to rest that your car is not an anomaly, and just that its working as designed

And... my adaptive suspension probably weighs at least 60 lbs more so I have that disadvantage. LMAO.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #32
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. I'll run 100 octane from the same gas station and we can set this to rest that your car is not an anomaly, and just that its working as designed

And... my adaptive suspension probably weighs at least 60 lbs more so I have that disadvantage. LMAO.
i mean i would be happy my car is a factory Beast like all of my past cars have been but i highly doubt it is.
      09-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #33
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

I have always been a Dinan fan from day 1. I praised Dinan for the great tune they provided me with Stage 2 running 12.4s 1/4mile but it comes time to really wonder how Dinan verifies a tune that they installed? 550GT had to get prestige BMW - Ramsey to purchase a boost kit to verify that his car was boosting correctly. Hello, its 2013 and Dinan has been installing tunes for over 2 years without any verification. I believe if you are going to sell a $3K, $5k or even a $10k tune, the Dinan Authorized Dealers should be forced to verify that the tune being installed is working properly by checking the boost the car is producing. Pretty simple in my eyes.

Dinan's negligence in verifying the tune that I purchased is properly installed is where they have lost a loyal paying customer. Pretty sad..........

I have an appointment next Friday at Prestige BMW to verify the tune and boost in my car. I will post the results.

All thanks to BB.

BTW, I have changed my signature to reflect the phantom Dinan Stage 4 tune my car has....

Last edited by dmetuning; 09-18-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
you ass

dunderhi

It's simple why other BMS cars did not run what i ran at the track... i am AWD, brake boosting on take off, which gives me a gain of about .4 in the 1/4.... 60 foot is a very important factor.
When i ran the time of 12.7 it was my 1st time in horrible DA with a 1.9 60 foot which is a horrible 60 foot for my car that is due to the rain that day and the track being slippery i ran on 93 octane.
My consistent 60 foot is 1.7 which shows why i can have consistent 12.2 1/4 times. as the weather gets better i will be in high 11's on tune only + 100 octane and +1.75 PSI extra.
The extra PSI is added for safety reasons and should be done as such even on a Dinan car, By pushing boost higher you need higher octane to support the timing curve used.
That is also the reason i think other BMS car's cant match my times, they all run on 93 octane, heat soaking the car and cars ECU pulling the timing and making it slower.
Trap speed is a better measure of how much power your car is making - the factors that impact your launch have less of an impact on your trap than they do your ET. I don't think it changes the dynamics of this conversation (as you are still clearly making more power than the Dinan cars you ran) but for comparison purposes like explained above trap will be more telling than ET...

Have you logged boost yet? I'm interested to know what the JB logging tells you, but would be more interested in a mechanical reading, if you can get one!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremo View Post
Trap speed is a better measure of how much power your car is making - the factors that impact your launch have less of an impact on your trap than they do your ET. I don't think it changes the dynamics of this conversation (as you are still clearly making more power than the Dinan cars you ran) but for comparison purposes like explained above trap will be more telling than ET...

Have you logged boost yet? I'm interested to know what the JB logging tells you, but would be more interested in a mechanical reading, if you can get one!
Agreed i ran 12.7@ 107 1.9 60 foot on stock BMS1 using 93 and ran 12.1 @ 114.74 1.7 60 foot on +4PSI and 100 octane.
So i have gained 7.74 in trap speed and shaved off .2 on 60 foot.

My next event i will go stock and see what my car does i will take down the BMS tune completely.

Last edited by badblack550xi; 09-18-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #36
ClassM
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh btw... it's alright, not necessary ClassM. He misinterpreted my comment of stock in thinking completely stock vehicle vs stock in the sense w/ bms on 93 without additional mods(hence stock) and aghast by the thought of that possibility... so to mask the insecurity, he profiles me underlying "BMS guys" as an incentive to justify his attacks. My fault for not being more specific since I assumed he had prior knowledge in association to the discussion. So, it made sense why he overreacted and impulsively proceeds every detail out of context -- he's confused with the lack in research and prose; reason he attempts such strenuous effort in figuring out everyone's stock time/stock bms/100octane.

Had he been aware of what natural stock times are, stock bms (93 without additional mods), and bms w/100 octane then an amount of his inane remarks and questions wouldn't exist; BB (talking in third person again) HAS to be special and only one running these times so BMS declares itself debunked or Dinan LaLa land ends up as a harsh reality. Hence why I will avoid such characters who even find themselves offensive -- he didn't catch my rhetorical gestures in my previous post to him, but you did haha.

Consider ignoring him as it's obvious his only desire is to have the last word and snake your words in lieu of identifying solutions together. They say, "never argue with an idiot...they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience". That aphorism stands a bit true atm. So, let's continue at what we do best and avoid being pulled into a BMS vs Dinan war.
That idiot quote...... Damn I'm being mean right now lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #37
dunderhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
you ass

dunderhi

BB,

You don't need to explain to me, I have been following your progress over the past few months. I know many of the tweaks you have made. None of them will produce gobs of power, but you are doing great stuff and I'm looking forward to see you get into 11 sec range. I also know the couch racers will never hit those times if they never go to the track. BTW, did you end up getting your new wheels, or were you able to stop Tirerack before they shipped them?

HighConcept & ClassM,

As I have posted numerous times across several forums, I don't have an issue with BMS. I have considered buying it myself. I also don't have an issue with Dinan, RaceChip, Hartage, Velos Designwerks, RENNTech, Racing Dynamics, or Mosselman tunes for the N63 either. I would just like to see some good data collected from the guys with the tunes, so that future buyers can make sound decisions. I'm just asking questions. I shouldn't need to chant Dinan SUCKS to avoid being attacked. Give me a break; it's only a tune. Now if you didn't like that I was trying to help out the OP to resolve his Dinan issue, I really don't know what to say.

Finally, I will ask again, if you guys can post some test data for the N63, I would love to see them. I posted what some of my searches revealed, but I would love to see more results. Is providing test data such a hard thing to do, especially if you already know where it is? I don't see the point in calling people who ask questions trolls and idiots.

Last edited by dunderhi; 09-18-2013 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
HighConcept
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BB,

You don't need to explain to me, I have been following your progress over the past few months. I know many of the tweaks you have made. None of them will produce gobs of power, but you are doing great stuff and I'm looking forward to see you get into 11 sec range. I also know the couch racers will never hit those times if they never go to the track. BTW, did you end up getting your new wheels, or were you able to stop Tirerack before they shipped them?

HighConcept & ClassM,

As I have posted numerous times across several forums, I don't have an issue with BMS. I have considered buying it myself. I also don't have an issue with Dinan, RaceChip, Hartage, Velos Designwerks, RENNTech, Racing Dynamics, or Mosselman tunes for the N63 either. I would just like to see some good data collected from the guys with the tunes, so that future buyers can make sound decisions. I'm just asking questions. I shouldn't need to chant Dinan SUCKS to avoid being attacked. Give me a break; it's only a tune. Now if you didn't like that I was trying to help out the OP to resolve his Dinan issue, I really don't know what to say.

Finally, I will ask again, if you guys can post some test data for the N63, I would love to see them. I posted what some of my searches revealed, but I would love to see more results. Is providing test data such a hard thing to do, especially if you already know where it is? I don't see the point in calling people who ask questions trolls and idiots.
Glad we can be adults this time around. If you perused my first post more carefully, notice I never pursued you and just shared some insight w/ an opinion of badblack only to be retorted with some distasteful sarcasm and insulting rhetorical speech. You didn't have to behave that way.

My reply to that condescending post was to allow you the impression and perception others view you as. My actual response didn't commence until I said, "many can resort to..." and was really the intent of the message. So honestly, I wasn't calling you a troll or deprecating your contributions... more so the attitude along with the childish nature in how that can appear IF allocated to the other side of the argument.

The idiot quote to ClassM served as an admonishment to not engage in a perpetual dispute in an idiotic circumstance -- it applies both ways. We can both agree that we crave shell evidence in results, which I will provide given the leisure... but in contrast to that, not when I am challenged and have to "prove a point". Let's all get along as we seem to share a similar outcome; exploring tunes without a bias to help each other with buying decisions.

Thank you, and .
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #39
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by middly View Post
How could a BMS Stage 1 beat a Dinan Stage 4??????
How you liking that BMS ?
      09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #40
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Dinan Plus BMS

Quote:
How you liking that BMS ?
The BMS tune is awesome....Best $400 I have ever spent. The car feels like it should after spending $10K on the car. The last $400 made the biggest difference...lol

Cant believe how much faster the car is with BMS. Totally worth the money and easy to install.

Orderd the P3 Boost gauge to make sure that Dinan will not F**K me around this time around. lol
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #41
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The BMS tune is awesome....Best $400 I have ever spent. The car feels like it should after spending $10K on the car. The last $400 made the biggest difference...lol
good to hear now time for some extra boost and 1/4 record
      09-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #42
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:

Cant believe how much faster the car is with BMS. Totally worth the money and easy to install.

Orderd the P3 Boost gauge to make sure that Dinan will not F**K me around this time around. lol
Are you stacking the piggyback on top of the Dinan flash?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #43
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextremo View Post
Are you stacking the piggyback on top of the Dinan flash?
his Dinan is not installed correctly so it's none existent. he is enjoying BMS while waiting for dinan to take his car in for testing.
      09-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #44
ClassM
Private
Rep

Dundehi, you antagonize with shit like "dinan rant" and "noob" and "i gave badblack the BB name blah blah" so off topic. You trolled by saying highconcept claimed the Dinan 12.4 was stock times when he never said such things or bashed it.

And exactly, its JUST A TUNE so what made you go balls to the wall anytime someone mentions dinan sucks or bms is better. Dude, lets just drop this and get a beer lol. We BMW owners so that makes us bimmerheads.

I can't give you any proof because I dont own a BMS, I'm dinan lol.
Appreciate 0