2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds Looking for L7 speakers

08-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

Looking for L7 speakers

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am looking for L7 speakers for those who upgrade. Looking for 5 mids & 5 tweeters to replace stock HIFI

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
2k15f30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Save your money on these. so many better options for the cash.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

What other options would you say are out there? I'm in the same situation looking to replace stock HiFi
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i M Sport

Greetings ppatel223 -

Are you still in the market for L7 speakers? My 2011 F10 has the factory 16 speaker nine channel "enhanced premium hi-fidelity audio system with Digital Sound Processing", and I just upgraded 14 of these speakers with Bavarian Soundwerks Stage One kit (love the results).

I have 7 mids and 7 tweeters that I'm looking to unload (as a complete package) at a very reasonable price should you be interested...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Mr. Grumpy
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10 View Post
Greetings ppatel223 -

Are you still in the market for L7 speakers? My 2011 F10 has the factory 16 speaker nine channel "enhanced premium hi-fidelity audio system with Digital Sound Processing", and I just upgraded 14 of these speakers with Bavarian Soundwerks Stage One kit (love the results).

I have 7 mids and 7 tweeters that I'm looking to unload (as a complete package) at a very reasonable price should you be interested...

Thanks
Hi @pdrf10,

It's the BavSound $1,300 upgrade worth it? I've been looking at this upgrade for a while but I wasn't sure if the sound difference was worth the money.

Can you post a review?

Sorry ppatel223, I didn't mean to
      10-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
pdrf10
A Man of Wisdumb...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy View Post
Hi @pdrf10,

It's the BavSound $1,300 upgrade worth it? I've been looking at this upgrade for a while but I wasn't sure if the sound difference was worth the money.

Can you post a review?

Sorry ppatel223, I didn't mean to
Mr. Grumpy -

I did a fair amount of research before investing in the BSW Stage One upgrade, and in the end, am glad I made the switch. It's not that I was unhappy with my stock "premium" sound system - - I just wanted to kick it up a notch without messing with the wiring/amp/panel modifications/etc. For my listening needs, the 600W amp in my car's sound system provides plenty of power, and the most noticeable improvement with the BSW speakers came in the form of greater depth and a much cleaner and smoother midrange response.

The BSW speakers are high quality units, and the magnets on their mids are the size of hockey pucks! (Much larger than the tweeter-sized magnets on the BMW mids - - I'm not an audiophile, but I have to assume much of the enhanced sound quality derives from this one feature alone). Also, their tweeters are beautifully machined out of aluminum, although unlike the BMW tweeters in the center dash and rear deck, are not directional (aiming towards the center of the soundstage - - I can't notice a difference as a result, but was initially concerned during the installation).

I had a couple of questions and concerns related to the installation prior to my purchase, and the folks over at BSW were very responsive and friendly. They have a great video that covers the installation of their speakers in an F10 with the base sound system, and since my car has the upgraded version with extra mids and tweeters in the rear doors, I found a video on YouTube for the removal of the rear doors. My car has the privacy shade option, and as a result, I had to do a little more digging and had a friend (former BMW technician) get me the instructions on removing the horizontal privacy screen which has to come off prior to the rear door panel removal.

The 14 speaker upgrade took me a little over five hours, and as previously mentioned, I'm glad I did it. Like you, I was a bit hesitant regarding the price point for the Stage One upgrade, as I was concerned that the return on my investment wouldn't be noticeable. Not the case at all - - these speakers have exceeded my expectations and really come to life as you crank up the volume...

I purchased my system with a 10% off coupon, and got free shipping as well, so my net cost was $1,169. I'm sure there are other options at this price range, but I chose BSW because they were direct plug & play units. Also, my research and the quality of the information on their website (informational and instructional videos) made my decision easier. On a side note, I highly recommend having a set of plastic interior removal tools on hand for this installation should you decide to tackle the project yourself.

Hope this helps!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/images/s.../party0030.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10
Greetings ppatel223 -

Thanks
I went ahead with different rout.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
shabu2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrf10 View Post
Greetings ppatel223 -

Thanks
I am kinda interested. Can you PM me. Thanks
Appreciate 0