2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - California Looking for body shop in LA to paint parts

07-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Looking for body shop in LA to paint parts

Seems like most of the shops in my area charge alot to paint random mod parts...ie. diffuser, spoiler, etc. Just looking for an affordable shop to paint small parts, preferably in the southbay but willing to drive.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Seems like most of the shops in my area charge alot to paint random mod parts...ie. diffuser, spoiler, etc. Just looking for an affordable shop to paint small parts, preferably in the southbay but willing to drive.
Due to gummint regs painting anything in The People's Republik is expensive! What used to be an inexpensive bumper respray is now in the $600+ range.

Try Angie's List for a good indy/family owned shop. I've had excellent results with the family-owned business' here. In fact, the best around was a place called Henson & Son. Fix Auto bought them out and quality went straight downhill. The LAST thing I want to do is sound racist, but if you can find a good Mexican painter GO THERE!!! I'm sure you've seen the EXCELLENT paint jobs on low-riders!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Due to gummint regs painting anything in The People's Republik is expensive! What used to be an inexpensive bumper respray is now in the $600+ range.

Try Angie's List for a good indy/family owned shop. I've had excellent results with the family-owned business' here. In fact, the best around was a place called Henson & Son. Fix Auto bought them out and quality went straight downhill. The LAST thing I want to do is sound racist, but if you can find a good Mexican painter GO THERE!!! I'm sure you've seen the EXCELLENT paint jobs on low-riders!
Yeah, that's what I figure. I had a $150 piece painted last year for $300. Alright, may have to take a drive into the hood and stop at random shops for a quote.....and a few tacos al pastor as well Thx.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Yeah, that's what I figure. I had a $150 piece painted last year for $300. Alright, may have to take a drive into the hood and stop at random shops for a quote.....and a few tacos al pastor as well Thx.
Two words....

FISH TACOS!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 10:39 PM   #5
SoCal540
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Howard Brown & Sons in WLA does excellent work.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal540 View Post
Howard Brown & Sons in WLA does excellent work.
Thanks. I work in Santa Monica so I can easily stop by. Do you know if they paint small, mod parts. I've had to use a couple of west L.A./Santa Monica shops in the past and it seems like they only do insurance type repairs and not really bother with small parts.
Appreciate 0