2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 3 beeps when locking doors with dash cam

12-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
kneepuck
Bavarian Money Waster
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

3 beeps when locking doors with dash cam

So I’m trying to install my dash cam using the cigarette lighter port under the passenger footwell. Was stoked because it’s unused and perfect location to plug the dash cam into. However with the dash cam plugged in, when I use the remote to lock the doors, it’ll lock with one beep, but then immediately beep twice (as if unlocking) but doors stay locked. What gives?

I unplugged the dash cam and it goes back to normal (one beep for lock, two beeps for unlock).

I tried this on the other cigarette lighter ports and same thing. Tried it with a cell phone plugged in to a charger instead of the dash cam, same thing.

Anyone know what’s going on and is it normal?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

I don't know about the beeps but I can tell you those ports are powered down when the car goes into sleep mode.
Appreciate 0