2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum BMW f10 535d Battery Issue

11-25-2023, 10:47 AM   #1
King_Bob
Registered
Rep
Drives: ...

BMW f10 535d Battery Issue

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well.

I'm having an issue with the stop/start battery.

Thought it was about time to change the battery as it was 8 years old and kept getting warning messages on the dash, all related to the battery and used my autel scan tool to verify that.

Hooked up an ecu memory saver to my noco battery booster output connection so that all my settings would be saved. Then disconnected the battery and put a like for like battery in it, connected it up and was going to program the battery to the car after disconnecting the ecu memory saver.

Got a whole dashboard full of christmas lights including warnings for drive train failure, abs failure, power steering failure etc. Even without coding the battery at that moment, that shouldn't have happened. Tried connecting my Autel scan tool to it and it couldn't detect the vin number. Also tried entering it manually and it still wouldn't connect to the car.

Not sure why all that happened, did check the voltage of the new battery before connecting and it was fine. So I tried to reconnect the old battery to see if I still had the same problem. Unfortunately, I did.

Now the car struggles to start, all the functions on it including the electric opening boot doesn't work.

Any suggestions on what to look for or how to fix...apart from calling a recovery vehicle to take it to a garage aha.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Bob
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Just an fy to others reading this thread and need to disconnect or change their battery…when I replaced my battery back in Jan/2023…I didn’t try to save any settings. The only thing that needed to be reinitialized after installing and registering the new battery was the sunroof, and I think I had to reset the time/date.

I didn’t lose any of my Bimmercode settings or iDrive settings etc. Just the sunroof, and clock.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-26-2023 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 2