2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Losing A/C settings

12-01-2023, 04:14 PM   #1
Shrimpy
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Losing A/C settings

As I have been enjoying my new 535i, something I have noticed is that about every third or fourth time I drive the car, I have to reset the A/C settings.

I thought I had finally figured out the uniqueness of the settings, but now I'm not sure. I have the "All" button selected, "A/C" and "A" on the recirculation/fresh air button ("A" for automatic and "M" for Manual), and the "Auto" buttons pushed for both driver and passenger.

As I said earlier, about every 3rd or 4th time I drive it, all the buttons listed above are off and the A/C is set at 60 degrees Farenheight, and the fans for both sides on low. Why does it lose the settings with no input from me other than locking and unlocking the door? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpy View Post

As I said earlier, about every 3rd or 4th time I drive it, all the buttons listed above are off and the A/C is set at 60 degrees Farenheight, and the fans for both sides on low. Why does it lose the settings with no input from me other than locking and unlocking the door? Thanks.
I could be way off base here, but is it possible that you are using two keys? Assuming you have comfort access, then the radio and heat settings (along with seat, mirrors, etc) are kept with each key. Is it possible that one key (or rather, the car recognizing the key) is set the way you like, and the other is set for all the weird stuff you mention?

Last edited by cdmulders; 12-02-2023 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Shrimpy22.50
      12-02-2023, 03:27 PM   #3
Shrimpy
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Thanks for jumping in CD. I have been using the same key fob and thought I had cleared the memory associated with it. By clearing the memory, I mean that I adjusted all new seat, mirror, and A/C settings while having only one of the key fobs within distance of the car (other key fob in a back bedroom). I had read that to set all of the above with the car in acc. mode (push in clutch and give a single quick tap to the start button, NOT starting it).

I just got back from doing some Christmas shopping, and low and behold the A/C stayed set every start and stop sequence .........weird. I might just change the key fob battery for good measure. Thanks!!