2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media IE92: F10 M5 front end conversion!

03-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #89
fastNugly
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Wow some of you guys are so hell bent on the fact that its a 528. Not everyone is into street racing. The car looks good so that's all that matters here right? As long as the owner isn't rebadging the car an M5 i don't see a problem whatsoever. Tons of people put on M parts on their "regular" Bmw's because it looks good, not because they are trying to pretend its a M car. This isn't something new.

Just relax and give credit where its due. At least now you lucky M5 owners will know how your car will look with bigger wheels and a drop.

Alan
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #90
turbovdub
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 Vert

WOW! As someone said this is really nice glimpse on what the new M5 would look like modded. On another note cant beieve that is a wrap job!!!!!!!!! very well done and I am in love with that color!! Who did the work...I wonder what this would look like on my e46 M. I actually love the finish how it looks like a single stage paint job which means not as much depth...kind of an in between frozen.

Good work man and enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #91
ajherran
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

The car looks fantastic. I love the color and Rennen wheels. I'd love to know how much this has set you back. It's true that at some level, you have to ask yourself is it really worth the effort and expense. It probably would have been less and more fun to buy a 550M-Sport, drop it and swap the wheels.
      03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #92
fastNugly
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
It's an M5 hybrid
LMAO!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #93
Zeros and ones
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow some of you guys are so hell bent on the fact that its a 528. Not everyone is into street racing. The car looks good so that's all that matters here right? As long as the owner isn't rebadging the car an M5 i don't see a problem whatsoever. Tons of people put on M parts on their "regular" Bmw's because it looks good, not because they are trying to pretend its a M car. This isn't something new.

Just relax and give credit where its due. At least now you lucky M5 owners will know how your car will look with bigger wheels and a drop.

Alan
+100000000000000000000000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceizer1985 View Post
i never quite understood why people purchase one car only to try and emulate another.
because some people like the best of both worlds. Why would I spend a ton of money on a car that eats gas like a fat kid eats cake when I can buy the same chassis of the car, not spend tons of money on gas, spend a quarter of what the M5 actually costs to dress it up.

also some people don't have a sack of money just there to purchase a very high performance car. Everyone works on a budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Looks good.. But I just don't get it. 528i, M5 look alike???
yea I never got that too... except when BMW released a 2003 e39 540i that looked just like the 2003 e39 M5. Oh yea... all one really had to do to it was remove the t-bar from the bumper, add a quad exhaust, and the oval mirrors. HMM.

That f10 looks sexy as hell and I wish I had enough cheese lying around that I can afford a f10 as well. Keep up the good work.

For the rest of you bring your noses down from the clouds. Not everyone in the world is so fortunate to be able to afford a brand new car in the first place... let alone a high performance car, such as the M5. So just take a deep breath and enjoy... cause us peasant folk know how to do one thing better than you rich people.... we don't fear getting our hands dirty.
      03-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #94
ATLANTA F10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quick question...What color was the car originally? Just curious with the wrap process, I assume the door jambs and inside areas under hood/trunk areas are still are the original color (hopefully black to carry on the blue/black theme.

Or are the wrap guys so good they do most of the jamb/inner areas too? Just curious what it looks like when you open the door, hood, or trunk...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #95
turbovdub
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeros and ones View Post
For the rest of you bring your noses down from the clouds. Not everyone in the world is so fortunate to be able to afford a brand new car in the first place... let alone a high performance car, such as the M5. So just take a deep breath and enjoy... cause us peasant folk know how to do one thing better than you rich people.... we don't fear getting our hands dirty.
I'm all about working hard and reaping the fruits of your labor but this was actually well said to a degree. These cars new are downright expensive.

I normally hate seeing fake M3s rolling around but we need to be brutally honest and seperate out our emotions from the equation. For real world use all M cars are beasts in real world situations...we can all be honest with ourselves that most high end sports cars are pretty much unneccesary unless you are a track rat.

That being said...why not have the looks you want without the need to pay the high costs associated with the real thing. some people actually buy M cars for the status of owning one...they dont even hit the gas pedal like it was meant to be. Maybe just remove the M badge ... to each his own but again...LOVE the look of this thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #96
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Quote:

Alan
^^^^^ Very well put! Whether you like it or not, it is a high quality transformation. It's all about choice, individualism on these forums. Would the forums be cool if we all did the same mods? ^^^^^
      03-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #97
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Form over function.....I give him credit for trying to make his car look better and no this is not about "street racing" as one of the previous posters said; however, trying to copy an M5 is not exactly making the car individualized. I realize not everyone can afford an M5, but in this case even if the fenders did not fit I would make every effort possible to cover up the fake side vents. I see his theme though starting with the quad exhaust.......
      03-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #98
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTA F10 View Post
Quick question...What color was the car originally? Just curious with the wrap process, I assume the door jambs and inside areas under hood/trunk areas are still are the original color (hopefully black to carry on the blue/black theme.

Or are the wrap guys so good they do most of the jamb/inner areas too? Just curious what it looks like when you open the door, hood, or trunk...
Like this, shot by 1013MM.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556251

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #99
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:

because some people like the best of both worlds. Why would I spend a ton of money on a car that eats gas like a fat kid eats cake when I can buy the same chassis of the car, not spend tons of money on gas, spend a quarter of what the M5 actually costs to dress it up.

also some people don't have a sack of money just there to purchase a very high performance car. Everyone works on a budget.

yea I never got that too... except when BMW released a 2003 e39 540i that looked just like the 2003 e39 M5. Oh yea... all one really had to do to it was remove the t-bar from the bumper, add a quad exhaust, and the oval mirrors. HMM.

That f10 looks sexy as hell and I wish I had enough cheese lying around that I can afford a f10 as well. Keep up the good work.

??? How much for all of that work plus the price of the car.. Just don't get it and never will. Ya it looks good but it will be a laugh in 2 or 3 years to real car enthusiasts.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #100
SuperSonic
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 / G05 X5

Really nice colour and rims! Enjoy your car
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #101
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

That's a lot of work. Good job.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #102
BLKBullet
BLK Bullet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:

I can't buy a real Gucci bag so let me go to china town and buy a fake one. As long as it looks like same...

^ That is what people have an issue with and i hope you understand that.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #103
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

think I found my next project....car looks gorgeous...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #104
Zeros and ones
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
??? How much for all of that work plus the price of the car.. Just don't get it and never will. Ya it looks good but it will be a laugh in 2 or 3 years to real car enthusiasts.
What is your definition of a real car enthusiasts because that is a very large umbrella term.

On the contrary if that car is kept in the same condition as it is now.... car enthusiasts even 10 years from now will still appreciated it. Off the top of my head example... go and check out other forums (which I will not name cause I think it is against the rules to promote other forums) and check out the e39 section or even the e36 section or even the e30 sections doing M conversion on bumpers and the "car enthusiasts" there are all for them as long as they are not saying the car is an M car.

What is a joke is dropping an LS engine in a e39. what you trying to pull? Yes it has been done and documented too.

Quote:
I can't buy a real Gucci bag so let me go to china town and buy a fake one. As long as it looks like same...

So my 128i came from the factory looking like a 135i.... I guess i am a poser too by your logic cause I couldn't afford a 135i.

and I guess we shouldn't buy cubic zirconium either because it is not a true diamond.

What you don't seem to understand is that all people like to have nice things but not everyone can afford all those nice things. If I can get the same thing and be of the same quality at a cheaper price... why not.
      03-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #105
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajherran View Post
The car looks fantastic. I love the color and Rennen wheels. I'd love to know how much this has set you back. It's true that at some level, you have to ask yourself is it really worth the effort and expense. It probably would have been less and more fun to buy a 550M-Sport, drop it and swap the wheels.
The car does look good, but I was thinking that as well. For the amount of money spent, you probably could pick up a 550 M-sport. I'm still curious if the front track is now wider than the rear on his car. Aren't the front and rear fenders on the F10 M5 wider than the standard car? Guess I'll have to look at the specs to compare the dimensions.
      03-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #106
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:

I was thinking about the Guys who are on so many roids they have a dick the size of a paper clip but they look like schwarzenegger. Women like them till they go home with them.

Quote:
What is your definition of a real car enthusiasts because that is a very large umbrella term.

On the contrary if that car is kept in the same condition as it is now.... car enthusiasts even 10 years from now will still appreciated it. Off the top of my head example... go and check out other forums (which I will not name cause I think it is against the rules to promote other forums) and check out the e39 section or even the e36 section or even the e30 sections doing M conversion on bumpers and the "car enthusiasts" there are all for them as long as they are not saying the car is an M car.

What is a joke is dropping an LS engine in a e39. what you trying to pull? Yes it has been done and documented too.

So my 128i came from the factory looking like a 135i.... I guess i am a poser too by your logic cause I couldn't afford a 135i.

and I guess we shouldn't buy cubic zirconium either because it is not a true diamond.

What you don't seem to understand is that all people like to have nice things but not everyone can afford all those nice things. If I can get the same thing and be of the same quality at a cheaper price... why not.
I bolded exactly what I think.. The car LOOKs great! But the reason why cars look they way they do is because they have something under the hood to back it up. Personally you saved yourself a big headache not buying a 135i. Last post.........

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #107
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

I'm not hell bent on the fact that it's a 528. You buy what you can afford and it's clear that the owner enjoys the vehicle and has done some great work to it.

I just feel the modifications don't suit the car. In particular the quad-tip exhaust. And, without question, the M5 front end.

I'm not discrediting the owner's work, as I think it looks amazing. It's just my opinion.
      03-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #108
jayparry
BMW Performanceer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM '09 135i 'tii' Dinan

Garage List
Full

at least its a FULL conversion not a HALF conversion. It would look weird with the left side still 5 series...

Also, this is cheating.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #109
BLKBullet
BLK Bullet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:

Differences between a 128 vs. 135 are very minimal when compared to 528 vs. M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #110
KRUZNM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

damn Evan...I keep clicking back to this post...I need to see your car in person bro! SICKNESS!!!
Appreciate 0