2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bluetooth Problem

08-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
GABMAN
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535XI Med. Blue

Bluetooth Problem

I today traded in my 2011 F10 for a 2012 F10 XI. I have a blackberry bold, phone paired properly and all my contacts are displayed however, I have certain contact whom when I set them up in my blackberry have an extension number. When setting up these extensions I programmed a Pause after the telephone number followed by their extension number.

On my 2011 F10, the telephone numbers transfer to my contacts with the Pause and the extension number and all worked fine for 2 years.

On my 2012 the Pause and extension numbers do not transfer, only the telephone number. I then tried to set up a contact having an extension number directly via the contacts in I drive only to find out there does not seem to be a symbol for a PAUSE.

I then tried to make the call using my BB handset from my phone contacts and when doing so from my handset the pause works and the extension number works and the call get's completed and automatically dials the extension number for the person I am trying to reach., I can here the number sequence over my bluetooth.

Does anyone have any idea why when my phonebook transfers from my BB to the car bluetooth , the pauses and extenson number are not transferring?
Is there a way around this as I do not want to have to make calls using my handset as it is very distracting besides being against the law where I live.

I do not understand why it would work fine in my 2011 and not in my 2012.

Any ideas?
2012 535XI White/Black, MSport, RETIRED
2011 535I, GraphGrey/Oyster, RETIRED

Last edited by GABMAN; 08-31-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0