2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK About to order my first BMW!

01-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordRE View Post
Popped down to my local dealer today, got a quote of £3k down and £430 a month for sophiso grey advanced audio and ambient lighting
Then I saw a 3 series in mineral grey and damnnn it's handsome in msport. Then I asked a salesman to sit in the back with me and a mate and there was more space than the accord!! I may have swayed myself toward the 330d msport
Advanced audio? is that Harmon Kardon? Lovely sound, I have really enjoyed mine
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #46
accordRE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

No, that would be the BMW professional system
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #47
GMTRB5
Private
Rep
Drives: 535d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordRE View Post
That comes with All LCI models which came out last Summer. All cars ordered now will come with Business Nav, Xenons and tyre pressure monitor as standard.

I'll double check at the dealers today
Here's the link, looks like tyre pressure display and upgrades to business nav are the main things..

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...tem=node__8678
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #48
accordRE
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter_74 View Post
I see you're in London, not sure where, but worth giving Sytner Harold Wood (east of London) a call and ask for a guy called Steve Impey - nice bloke, no bullshit and will work to get you into the car at a decent price.
Beancounter I owe you big time!

I have to say Steve Impey is the nicest salesman I've ever dealt with over the phone!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #49
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i F20, 449i F33

No problem, glad you found him the same way I did. :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 03:00 AM   #50
NigeNige
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530D M Sport E60

This is a great thread, lots of interesting information, so can I add a few points

Firstly as you may have seen I have posted that I have recently ordered a 520d Luxury for delivery about 17th March. Will I get the "spring" updates mentioned in the BMW press release, particularly the tyre pressure monitoring? Also what is the new business sat nav all about? The press release says a 16.5 inch screen and faster processing, new graphics etc. Will this be better than the professional nav I have ordered?

On the issue of discounts, this in a very tricky area and difficult to understand what is the best deal. There are really only two figures that need to be considered 1) The final discounted on the road price (before trade in allowance and any deposit paid by the purchaser), and 2) The APR offered for any financing required. As all BMW dealers offer 4.9 % at the moment then this figure is of no consequence when comparing offers. It is a big mistake to look at the final monthly payment as this has so any variables (deposit, discount, trade in value, period of loan / lease and final payment). Sales people always try to steer to this number. They usually say, what is your monthly budget ?, you say for example , £400 per month, and they can always make a deal that meets that target or any monthly figure you say. Just one point on trade in. Most dealers offer the same value for any given car. I found this to be the case for the trade in of my 530d, it didn't make any difference which BMW dealer or even Audi dealer I negotiated with. If however you do get an exceptional deal this could be considered as extra discount. However that figure is likely to be very small.

In the case discussed in this thread, take a look at the Sytner deal for a 520D M Sport This offers a £4,525.27 discount on the list on the road price of £34,765 (discounted price of £30,239). However this is not as good as the Broadspeed current offer of £29,239 (including £200 to Broadspeed) The Broadspeed discount is £5,526 (16%). From my experience BMW dealers will not go lower than Broadspeed, if at all, so trying to get 20% discount is unlikely. You could consider added options but Broadspeed will only quote these at list and will not discount the price further. So if you add £10,000 of options then the Broadspeed price would be £39,239, Discount is still £5,526 but this is now only 14%. BMW dealers seem to take the same line, the best they do is to match the Broadspeed price and expect, quite rightly, that you would not bother with the hassle of dealing with a another BMW dealer who may be hundreds of miles away, for no benefit.

I hope this hasn't been too long but I would love to hear some feedback on the "spring update" and the discount discussion.

Nigel
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #51
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwestlak View Post

In the case discussed in this thread, take a look at the Sytner deal for a 520D M Sport This offers a £4,525.27 discount on the list on the road price of £34,765 (discounted price of £30,239). However this is not as good as the Broadspeed current offer of £29,239 (including £200 to Broadspeed) The Broadspeed discount is £5,526 (16%). From my experience BMW dealers will not go lower than Broadspeed, if at all, so trying to get 20% discount is unlikely. You could consider added options but Broadspeed will only quote these at list and will not discount the price further. So if you add £10,000 of options then the Broadspeed price would be £39,239, Discount is still £5,526 but this is now only 14%. BMW dealers seem to take the same line, the best they do is to match the Broadspeed price and expect, quite rightly, that you would not bother with the hassle of dealing with a another BMW dealer who may be hundreds of miles away, for no benefit.

Nigel
Nigel, this makes a whole load of sense, and now having worked mine out from my bill, I was not a million miles away from those % numbers, even without the benefit of Broadspeed, which I knew nothing about when I ordered mine in september, and would possibly have saved me a few quid, but over 3 years not the end of the world.
Cheers
Piers
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #52
accordRE
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwestlak View Post
This is a great thread, lots of interesting information, so can I add a few points

Firstly as you may have seen I have posted that I have recently ordered a 520d Luxury for delivery about 17th March. Will I get the "spring" updates mentioned in the BMW press release, particularly the tyre pressure monitoring? Also what is the new business sat nav all about? The press release says a 16.5 inch screen and faster processing, new graphics etc. Will this be better than the professional nav I have ordered?

On the issue of discounts, this in a very tricky area and difficult to understand what is the best deal. There are really only two figures that need to be considered 1) The final discounted on the road price (before trade in allowance and any deposit paid by the purchaser), and 2) The APR offered for any financing required. As all BMW dealers offer 4.9 % at the moment then this figure is of no consequence when comparing offers. It is a big mistake to look at the final monthly payment as this has so any variables (deposit, discount, trade in value, period of loan / lease and final payment). Sales people always try to steer to this number. They usually say, what is your monthly budget ?, you say for example , £400 per month, and they can always make a deal that meets that target or any monthly figure you say. Just one point on trade in. Most dealers offer the same value for any given car. I found this to be the case for the trade in of my 530d, it didn't make any difference which BMW dealer or even Audi dealer I negotiated with. If however you do get an exceptional deal this could be considered as extra discount. However that figure is likely to be very small.

I hope this hasn't been too long but I would love to hear some feedback on the "spring update" and the discount discussion.

Nigel
According to the dealers the updates come into place in week 10 of production so find out when your car will be built. The screen won't be 16.5" that's a typo, it will be 6.5". Your Pro nav will be beter due to the larger screen and hard drive.

Regarding Discounts, it depends from dealer to dealer really. One dealer is offering me a 330D Msport with Business nav for 29450, the other I've called cannot get anywhere near that. Whereas the second dealer can offer me a bigger discount on a 520d than the first can.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #53
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Agree. I always looked at the invoice price, not the monthly payment or GVF.
My experience is that all dealers are different (different franchises), some will budge, some will not. One Jaguar dealer was willing to knock off 25% off a prem lux 3.0D S, yet another would not go more than £20%. I found the same with BMW dealers, Sytner were very willing to work very hard to get me into a 530d at a solid price and I really mean it was one large discount off the car £10k+.
But I had my 520d on order and was happy with it.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #54
GMTRB5
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balster View Post
Agree. I always looked at the invoice price, not the monthly payment or GVF.
My experience is that all dealers are different (different franchises), some will budge, some will not. One Jaguar dealer was willing to knock off 25% off a prem lux 3.0D S, yet another would not go more than £20%. I found the same with BMW dealers, Sytner were very willing to work very hard to get me into a 530d at a solid price and I really mean it was one large discount off the car £10k+.
But I had my 520d on order and was happy with it.
Would you mind letting me know which dealer this was? Still trying to decide whether to get a new 530d M Sport but want about 6k worth of options .. managed to get 19% discount off total price but might be good to talk to a dealer as well..

Or do I wait and get a 6 month old 535d M Sport .. Not sure if there is much difference in reality? The performance figures seem very similar.. Other trouble is I really want LED headlights which hardly any used cars seem to have at the moment ..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #55
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTRB5 View Post
Would you mind letting me know which dealer this was? Still trying to decide whether to get a new 530d M Sport but want about 6k worth of options .. managed to get 19% discount off total price but might be good to talk to a dealer as well..

Or do I wait and get a 6 month old 535d M Sport .. Not sure if there is much difference in reality? The performance figures seem very similar.. Other trouble is I really want LED headlights which hardly any used cars seem to have at the moment ..
pm sent

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #56
GMTRB5
Private
Rep

Quote:
pm sent
Nice one, thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 03:44 AM   #57
NigeNige
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530D M Sport E60

Quote:
pm sent
Could you also send to me. My 13% looks miserable
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #58
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

pm sent

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #59
accordRE
Private First Class
Rep

I managed to secure a great deal on a 520d and after the test drive, nothing else I've driven so far comes close to it.

For those of you with Pro Nav/Media, did it increase the GMV at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #60
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i F20, 449i F33

So what spec did you go for accordRE - did Steve come up trumps or did you source elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #61
accordRE
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter_74 View Post
So what spec did you go for accordRE - did Steve come up trumps or did you source elsewhere?
Going very light on the options this time round, 520d m sport auto and paddles. Sophisto grey, ambient lighting, advanced audio and reverse camera. Although after driving the demo car I want to give up a few options for the pro nav. I haven't actually seen a vehicle with business nav yet!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #62
xs2man
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F11 530d M-Sport

vs

So, postage stamp vs. widescreen tv...

That said, Ambient Lighting is the only option there I would consider parting with. M-Sport Plus is a cracking deal though...

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #63
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Keep your ambient lighting, it finishes the cars interior quality. Pro nav is a must too, do agree with xs, Msport plus is great value
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #64
xs2man
Captain
Rep

Whilst I agree Ambient lighting is nice, my wife hates it, and is the only bit of spec there that I COULD let go if I had to.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #65
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2man View Post

vs

So, postage stamp vs. widescreen tv...

That said, Ambient Lighting is the only option there I would consider parting with. M-Sport Plus is a cracking deal though...
How is that 2nd pic an LCI but with the sport auto stubby gear selector?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #66
xs2man
Captain
Rep

Erm... I dunno? It's mine. Is that wrong somehow then? It's meant to be an LCI with Sports Auto...

Appreciate 0