2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Must Have Options before i order??

01-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #23
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotbaker View Post
mine was ordered just over a week ago, delivery date is 18th april, 520d m-sport in alpine, with pro media, ambient, 19s, xenons
Ordered my 520d touring 2nd week in Dec. Quoted 20th Feb.
Arrives at dealer this Mon/Tue (31 Jan). Another week to register...so about 7 weeks total.

Sadly it will be available about a day after I go abroad for work for a week. Sob.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #24
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Thats pretty decent... mine seems to be taking 14 weeks for build/delivery.

Would love it sooner - the novelty of the Prius is seriously wearing off.
      01-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #25
Redandy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i GS/CR

Ordered mine end of Nov and pick up 01/03 for the new plate. Deep Sea Blue with Oyster / Black interior.

Kicking myself for not ordering the Ambient lighting but had pushed it to the limit already, bit of cash freed up so tried to add it a week ago along with sun protection glass and was told 24 hrs too late and nothing could be added on the factory order

Only a few options added - sports wheel (heated) / lumbar / folding mirrors, had also ordered front heated seats but now standard.

Now thinking of getting the whitelines fitted and also having the sun protection added at the dealers prior to collecting the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #26
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M sport Carbon Black

Ordered my F10 M Sport on the 23rd December, just been told I can collect on the 10th March. Very happy..............
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #27
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Have now placed an order for a 520d (Alpine White, Cinnamon leather), and the dealers are saying that the DAB is now only an option in combination with one of the nav systems. So it looks like my Pure Highway is getting transferred from my E91 and I'm going to end up with some glass mount antenna (grrrr).

So, was prepared to spend cash on DAB (company car, cash on delivery for any options!). Is it worth spending the cash on the business speaker system? Standard speakers in my E91 are OK at moderate volumes on music, turn it up a bit and distort-a-gogo. As it'll be a 24 month lease the £415 or speakers is £17 a month.

Is the amp + 12 speaker upgrade worth £17 a month? Then again driving for about 18 hours a week its a cost of 22p an hour.....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #28
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

I've had recent BMWs with and without the hifi speaker upgrade last car was without because it was ex demo so I had no influence on spec.

I agree with your comments. Std system is ok at most volumes and with most music.

To be fair I didn't spend much time listening to the standard system before I bought car as I already made up my mind to have the loudspeaker upgrade option. For me it's a good value option for price. Just adds more weight and depth to all music types at all volumes levels without ever sounding distorted.

I think the F10/F11 system fitted as standard is better than previous generations though so ideally get out in a demo car and listen to your favourite music types to see if it's ok for you.

I foolishly don't think about options price or value generally as I'm normally consumed by the gimme gimme gimme mentality when it comes to options list ticking. Also mine was private purchase so have different view on spending cash on extras. If you do a lot of miles for work though you'll definitely get the use/enjoyment out of your 415 GBP.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #29
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Have added Business Speakers in the place of DAB. What the hell.......
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 03:24 AM   #30
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I have the business audio... and last night driving home i thought 'this is sounding a lot better as its bedding in'.

So yep.. worth the £400 for me.

Gutted re DAB though.. was wishing i had specced it. Might hve to look into the Pure thingy
      04-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #31
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been reading some threads now.. seems DAB can be retrofitted to E9X cars... so i wonder if you can to the F10 given the aerial is already there.

Potentially just the DAB module and recoding???
      04-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #32
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

At the moment the Pure Highway is a neat install in my E91. Main unit is velcro'd onto he ashtray which is permanently open. Power from the adjacent socket with the power wire underneath the nit in the ashtray. I use the aux lead which runs tucked into the bottom of the centre console, then tucked under the trim on the side of the transmission tunnel then up into the centre armrest next to the seat where you can't see it. Aerial is the magmount one on the roof by the tailgate, with minimal wire showing. Then tucked away inside the car behind various bits of trip and rubber seals.

I think a mount of the unit, power and aux lead will be done in the F10 exactly the same as in the E91. Only problem is the aerial. You can get an adaptor lead which sits on the aerial connection to the head, which might work. Otherwise I don't know!
Appreciate 0