2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Factory Warranty is Up: What should I do?

12-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #23
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Yea, but I've only got 24K on the car and the DINAN warranty still has 3 years on it.

My dealer is very mod-friendly as well.

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 02-07-2014 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT
Yea, but I've only got 24K on the car and the DINAN warranty still has 3 years on it.

Plus, my dealer works with modded cars, including AutoCoutureMotoring's cars, so they won't hold a simple DINAN tune against me.
Pretty sure the Dinan warranty is only valid during the Factory BMW warranty. Otherwise you could install it on a car with 100k miles. Wouldn't everyone just install a Dinan tune for the warranty at that point? Makes no sense.

You may work with a mod friendly dealer but when it hits the fan the fingers start pointing. I would make certain that if I got an extended warranty that the dealer puts in writing that they will honor it with the Dinan tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #25
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbrewer View Post
Pretty sure the Dinan warranty is only valid during the Factory BMW warranty. Otherwise you could install it on a car with 100k miles. Wouldn't everyone just install a Dinan tune for the warranty at that point? Makes no sense.

You may work with a mod friendly dealer but when it hits the fan the fingers start pointing. I would make certain that if I got an extended warranty that the dealer puts in writing that they will honor it with the Dinan tune.
They have already fully confirmed it, this dealer was recommended by people with modded cars, so no worries.

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 02-07-2014 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Quote:

They have already fully confirmed it, this dealer was recommended by ACM to me, and their cars have everything from supercharger kits to custom exhaust piping to top-notch coilovers, in fact the main service guy at my dealer used to work at ACM, so he is A-OK with modded cars.
Well you made the thread asking what you should do. It sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Quote:

They have already fully confirmed it, this dealer was recommended by ACM to me, and their cars have everything from supercharger kits to custom exhaust piping to top-notch coilovers, in fact the main service guy at my dealer used to work at ACM, so he is A-OK with modded cars.
That right there is a 1 in a million dealership. All I had on mine was a cold air intake and Dinan stage 2. I took it in for a funny noise and the next day they tell me it needs a new engine at a tune of $16,000 and BMW wasn't paying a dime. Like I said, Dinan paid , but BMW made me take the cold air intake off of the car or it wouldn't have any warranty on the new engine. Another thing it's ultimately up to BMW if they want to warranty something. Here's my point. My local dealership always takes great care of me and I had a crack in my leather seat. The car only had 10k miles on it at the time. The dealer said no problem we'll order a new seat cover and replace. Then I get a call the next day from the dealer saying that BMW wants pictures of the seat before they warranty it. In the end BMW declined and my dealership said there was nothing that could be done. Just be careful. The dealership can promise you the moon since they're making money off of the warranty, but ultimately it's BMW's decision. I'm assuming you got the BMW warranty?
      12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

I appreciate your detailed feedback guys. I trust my dealer enough to know they won't give me any issues, plus I do not think the car is going to be having any major problems anytime soon, especially since the fuel-injectors were replaced with updated ones recently.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

Quote:
Well you made the thread asking what you should do. It sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
That right there is a 1 in a million dealership. All I had on mine was a cold air intake and Dinan stage 2. I took it in for a funny noise and the next day they tell me it needs a new engine at a tune of $16,000 and BMW wasn't paying a dime. Like I said, Dinan paid , but BMW made me take the cold air intake off of the car or it wouldn't have any warranty on the new engine. Another thing it's ultimately up to BMW if they want to warranty something. Here's my point. My local dealership always takes great care of me and I had a crack in my leather seat. The car only had 10k miles on it at the time. The dealer said no problem we'll order a new seat cover and replace. Then I get a call the next day from the dealer saying that BMW wants pictures of the seat before they warranty it. In the end BMW declined and my dealership said there was nothing that could be done. Just be careful. The dealership can promise you the moon since they're making money off of the warranty, but ultimately it's BMW's decision. I'm assuming you got the BMW warranty?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
kave
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Touring 2012

Garage List
Huh, we only have two years warranty here. Mine ends in a week
As the others tell you, seems really stupid to pay for extra warranty time since you made modifications to your car. Bmw would ofcourse blame the mods when something happends.
To me you already rolled the dice when you modified it.
I dont think your local dealer can pay you a brand new engine by themself.
If you are so sure they support you get it in written form.