2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum EDC code out help

03-04-2022, 10:58 PM   #1
mikeXmayhem
Concious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

EDC code out help

Been trying to find a more current thread about coding the EDC out on my F10 using E-Sys, an actual helpful one that isn't vague and several years old, but of course with no luck. I have an E-Net cable, not terribly excited to dive into the coding, but I will if I have to with proper instructions, I just wanna get rid of the error message and get my sport mode back.

Anyone who might've done this have detailed instructions on the process, or wanna help me out? Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
Egoy936
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535

I can help you out! Message me
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:45 PM   #3
mikeXmayhem
Concious
United_States
Rep

Success! I wanted to make sure I posted an update to this for anyone in a similar situation looking for these simple answers.

Thanks to Egoy936 he was able to code my EDC out, removing the error message and giving me Sport and Eco modes back. It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

So for clarification you will need to disconnect the VDC Module, no need to remove it, just disconnect it, before coding anything. The location of this module varies between models, but for the F10 5 Series it's in the front passenger footwell. Remove the door sill trim and corner trim panel to access it.

You'll have to tear the little fabric thing, and see that weird shaped clip at the top of the connector in the image below? You need to push that straight up about 3 inches for it to release the connector to pull it out. Once you've got it out just tuck it under the module so that the trim panel can snap back into place. This whole process should take like 5 minutes.

Now it can be coded. Hope this helps someone else.
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2022, 08:59 PM   #4
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

You got love it when people come back and update post for next guy
Thanks man
      03-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
aa240sx
aa240sx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW M3

So where the VDC module is will be helpful, but did Egoy936 do all the coding remotely or provide you with step by step on how to do it?

if the latter, please fill the rest of us in. I actually purchased bilstein B8 and H&R springs to replace my stock sport springs and stock EDC shocks. I too, was a bit nervous about coding so spent several backbreaking hours to replace only the springs and not the shocks in the hope that some day there will be a better DIY for coding out EDC...

So I can go back and spend several more back breaking hours to install the springs and the bilstein shocks... again...
      03-10-2022, 06:37 PM   #6
mikeXmayhem
Concious
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa240sx View Post
So where the VDC module is will be helpful, but did Egoy936 do all the coding remotely or provide you with step by step on how to do it?

if the latter, please fill the rest of us in. I actually purchased bilstein B8 and H&R springs to replace my stock sport springs and stock EDC shocks. I too, was a bit nervous about coding so spent several backbreaking hours to replace only the springs and not the shocks in the hope that some day there will be a better DIY for coding out EDC...

So I can go back and spend several more back breaking hours to install the springs and the bilstein shocks... again...

Ah yes, thank you for asking, I should have clarified in my post. Evan remotely coded it for me, big thanks to him for his patience and effort doing it. If you're looking to code multiple things, or code often, it would be worth it to thoroughly learn how to, but in my case I was just looking for the EDC delete.

A legit DIY though would be great.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 06:50 AM   #7
Kinaricuzz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 GT

Great post.

I really dislike the way the car rides on EDC-shocks, and the rear ones have started to weep a little.. Sooo Im looking to replace them with bilsteins or something similar.

However! I have some questions and the answers often seem contradictory..
-Do you lose the active swaybars when you code EDC out? Cause I really like having them, makes the car feel more stiff and nimble...

Ive both heard people say you lose them and some say the coding wont affect the active sways, only the shocks..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:57 AM   #8
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

mikeXmayhem Egoy936

What IF someone read this post AFTER they did the coding side of things.... What would you suggest if just maybe the coding failed or DTCs are popping all over?

Asking for a friend of course
Appreciate 0