2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW update stuck

06-22-2018, 06:31 AM   #1
Sicco
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d F11

BMW update stuck

Hello,
Can someone advice me with map update issue I have with my 525d F11? Situation is that I have 3xUSB Europe East 2018-1 on 3x8GB USB sticks. Put first USB stick into glovebox USB, interface found it and offer update, so continue, entered FSC lifetime code and then update started. Then it asked for connect USB stick 2, so I connected it and then have call so I left it and iDrive turned off... When I came navigation system started and not continue the update so I connect again stick 1, again it offered me update, click start, now without entering FSC code, in few (about 5) seconds it verify all updated files to 28.7% and then ask for USB 2, so I guess it is able to continue where it stoped, but not. When I connect stick 2 nothing happens, still showing on screen "Please insert USB2 to continue update". Only option is Cancel.When I do it, go back to navigation and need to insert again stick 1 to start update and stuck again in this position. Tried many other stick where I copied files for USB2, even that stick which contains USB1 files.So why USB1 files can start update but on same stick not able to continue with USB2 files? I remeber that first time it wanted to insert stick 2 around 25% so some files were transfered from stick 2, but now somehow it could not continue.

Is there any options? I tried also iDrive reboot. But is there option how to force update from begining and reset the actual stuck process?
Thank you for any advices guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
aTasca
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2013 F11 525d xDrive

Hi, did you try the version with only 1 USB drive - that one has all data on a single USB and might solve the issue - PM if you need the files.
Appreciate 0