2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Cadillac ATS

08-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Reckamech
Master of Disaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Sport

Cadillac ATS

What do you guys think of the new ATS? I believe it will give the 328 a serious run for the money. I believe the 2.0T is the way to go. Not sure they hit the mark with the V6.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
MrClean335i
FBO+Methanol Injection
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

The car looks good but I would wait for the ATS-V which is going to be priced similar to a 335i M Sport yet compete with the M3 F80
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'm almost tired of it by now. Cadillac advertized the shit out of it during the Olympics, but no dealer has yet to have any in stock. If you are going to advertize the car, have it in stock so we can test drive it.

I think it will fit the bill for me though. BMWs are now too mainstream for me (The Ultimate Distraction Machine). BMW dropped the NA straight six as the base 3-series engine, so I've dropped BMW (after 24 years of BMW ownership). The only disappointing thing Cadillac did was include HIDs in a $7,000 package option, just like the F30.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

I think the V6 will be replaced by a forced induction V6 at some time of the future. There were spyshots of next generation CTS with a V6.

08-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Reckamech
Master of Disaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean335i View Post
The car looks good but I would wait for the ATS-V which is going to be priced similar to a 335i M Sport yet compete with the M3 F80
I think the ATS-V will be in the 60K range with the CTS-V in the 75K - 80K range. Both will still be great buys considering the performance and the new direction GM/Cadillac is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm almost tired of it by now. Cadillac advertized the shit out of it during the Olympics, but no dealer has yet to have any in stock. If you are going to advertize the car, have it in stock so we can test drive it.

I think it will fit the bill for me though. BMWs are now too mainstream for me (The Ultimate Distraction Machine). BMW dropped the NA straight six as the base 3-series engine, so I've dropped BMW (after 24 years of BMW ownership). The only disappointing thing Cadillac did was include HIDs in a $7,000 package option, just like the F30.
I agree, appars they did a little marketing mistake. I really want to get my hands on one for a test drive but gotta wait until they arrive at the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I think the V6 will be replaced by a forced induction V6 at some time of the future. There were spyshots of next generation CTS with a V6.

Not sure about that one, a forced induction V6 will be a direct challenge to the ATS-V. I believe the forced induction will be strictly for the CTS unless the forced induction V6 will power the ATS-V.
Appreciate 0