2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Potential new to GT

02-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Potential new to GT

Hello GT owners.
I currently run a '11 X3 2,0D manual - a great car which have done a fantastic job since I got it (Comp car) in late '11. Have done +55.000 km so far in it. However must admit the 2,0D is a bit on the thin side as soon as you pass 100km/h.
Due to job change I am turning this in. No Comp car option in new job and as such we are now looking for something new - well 1-2 years old with low km on the clock.
My wife have fall in love with a GT and after checking out I must admit I like it as well. The version looking at is a GT 530D x-drive and we have found a few matching our requirement re age (mid/late 2011), low km and well equipped - and those are at a very interesting price tag as they have taken a good depreciation already.
Am however a bit concerned about the HP/weight ratio - 245HP and 2085kg.
It have to be said I have yet not tried driving it yet.
Is there anyone in this forum having experience with 'optimizing' the 30D/245HP engine? I know a person running the X3 2,0D with a Racechip box lifting the 184HP to around 235HP and he have all good experience so far driving +25000km with the box.
I am aware of the warranty issue etc - I am more asking into practical experience

Thanks for any advise

Cheers Jens
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Another question
All of the versions I am looking at have Adaptive Drive. A few have also listed Dynamic Drive. Looking at BMW Switzerland brochure I can only find something about Adaptive Drive - nothing about Dynamic Drive.
What is the difference if any - or is it just another wording for the same???

Cheers Jens
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensM View Post
Another question
All of the versions I am looking at have Adaptive Drive. A few have also listed Dynamic Drive. Looking at BMW Switzerland brochure I can only find something about Adaptive Drive - nothing about Dynamic Drive.
What is the difference if any - or is it just another wording for the same???

Cheers Jens
Question not relevant any longer.
Went to the dealer and ended up buying an X5 30D instead
- My wife who is not that tall, had very difficult overlooking the GT whereof the X5 is completely different due to the elevated seating position

Cheers Jens
Appreciate 0