2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Hey guys, I need your HELP! BMS N63 Stage 1

04-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

Exclamation Hey guys, I need your HELP! BMS N63 Stage 1

first of all, Burger Tuning SUCK! they never respond to any of my email I've send them and they don't even have a phone number for you to contact. That's just terrible customer service, considering million of dollar they're making.

Anyway, I just recently bought a used BMS N63 stage 1 kit, Yes I know why didnt I go for the newest version JB4 betta. Well let just said I got the JB at a great price, but I can always upgrade to beta in the future, but I was just wondering do the JB4 Bluetooth kits work on the old JB system? I really want to order the Bluetooth kit, on their website it states " It's compatible with all JB4 products." .

Is there anyone running on the "OLD" bms N63 stage 1 system, do you have any issue with code?

thanks guys..

04-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

it said G3 V2 what does that mean? it's a newer version or the older one?
      04-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

It's not supported anymore. It's a beta system so support is always limited with any beta.

To answer your question, it will 'work' but almost all the features are useless on BMS Stage 1. Depending what version Stage 1 you have, the newer version doesn't allow you to change the BFS. So no more extra power on the stage 1 board. Also, there is no selection for N63 under engines for the JB Bluetooth so you'll have no support there either. The N63 tunes have always been in beta with BMS, so support is very limited because this platform isn't really a large market for them compared to the N54/N55

You should've bought JB4 Beta. As a previous owner of Stage 1 and 2, there's no comparison to the new JB4. Stage 1 power boost is slightly felt on the N63 and it's a very 'buggy' system

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 04-26-2017 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #4
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
It's not supported anymore. It's a beta system so support is always limited with any beta.

To answer your question, it will 'work' but almost all the features are useless on BMS Stage 1. Depending what version Stage 1 you have, the newer version doesn't allow you to change the BFS. So no more extra power on the stage 1 board. Also, there is no selection for N63 under engines for the JB Bluetooth so you'll have no support there either. The N63 tunes have always been in beta with BMS, so support is very limited because this platform isn't really a large market for them compared to the N54/N55

You should've bought JB4 Beta. As a previous owner of Stage 1 and 2, there's no comparison to the new JB4. Stage 1 power boost is slightly felt on the N63 and it's a very 'buggy' system
Thanks for clarifying that. So you're recommending to go with the New JB4 Beta? I know that's the best right now for the N63 or N63tu, but if I didn't want to spend the extra money for the beta, would you still recommend getting a Bms Stage 1 for the N63? Is there a gain over stock? does it improves on turbo lag? or you wouldn't recommend purchasing it at all?

so overall, the jb4 bluetooth kit will work, but technically it just shows you all the gauges, but it doesn't allow you to change or program anything right?

hummm....
      04-27-2017, 12:21 AM   #5
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. So you're recommending to go with the New JB4 Beta? I know that's the best right now for the N63 or N63tu, but if I didn't want to spend the extra money for the beta, would you still recommend getting a Bms Stage 1 for the N63? Is there a gain over stock? does it improves on turbo lag? or you wouldn't recommend purchasing it at all?

so overall, the jb4 bluetooth kit will work, but technically it just shows you all the gauges, but it doesn't allow you to change or program anything right?

hummm....
It depends what Stage 1 you have, the earlier versions allowed you to up the boost while the newer version does not. I'm not even sure if it will show you gauges on the N63 as it's not supported and Stage 1 doesn't have CANbus access. Also, turbo lag will always be there on stock turbos, catless downpipes would help with spool time.

If you're looking for power, Stage 1 isn't the answer. It's a good buy for someone looking for a tad bit more from the car. Stage 1 wasn't noticeable for me and immediately installed the Stage 2 DME wires. Now I have JB4 Beta and has all the features I could want. Like turning the tune off from the dash, gauge hijacking, changing maps on dash, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 01:15 AM   #6
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

The pictures show is the actual BMS stage 1 I'm gonna buy, what year model is your car?
Sound like the Jb4 Betta is the way to go, I haven't paid the guy yet. To be honest, he gave me a great price..$200.00 isn't bad. My current car is a 2012 f10 550i with Msport package. It has a M5 competition full exhaust with stock downpipes. I was just looking for just a little bit of extra power, and I do like the jb4 bluetooth connection that show all the gauges. I think I'm gonna save up the $$$ for the Betta version since that's the best way to go for now. $799.00 isn't bad...

thanks for your time

if you want to check out my f10 facebook group, here's the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1418...?ref=bookmarks
      04-27-2017, 01:37 AM   #7
delje08
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 13 550i, 04 545i

I had my stage 1 updated to the latest version from Terry for $100. He asked me if i wanted to update to JB4 beta, which opted not to. When i took out my stage 1 to send back for an update, the car felt it was missing power since i was used to having the Stage 1. Once i got it back, the car felt alive again. I am happy with Stage 1 and dont regret not getting the beta. Terry was easy to get a hold of, he responded quickly to my emails. You can reach him at terry@burgertuning.com.

My car, 2013 550 N63
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #8
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delje08 View Post
I had my stage 1 updated to the latest version from Terry for $100. He asked me if i wanted to update to JB4 beta, which opted not to. When i took out my stage 1 to send back for an update, the car felt it was missing power since i was used to having the Stage 1. Once i got it back, the car felt alive again. I am happy with Stage 1 and dont regret not getting the beta. Terry was easy to get a hold of, he responded quickly to my emails. You can reach him at terry@burgertuning.com.

My car, 2013 550 N63
Thanks for replying, yeah I've send out a couples of email, but never got a respond. Kinda disappointed, but I guess I'm saving up for a jb4 betta.
      04-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
I'm sure it's got to be some issue or they are extremely busy. I've emailed them and Mike replied almost immediately. Not a shill for them as I bought Stage 2 used. I have the JB4 Bluetooth module and Stage 2 if you truly want to go Stage 2. I only have Stage 1 installed.
Appreciate 0