2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Can anyone help with Data via Bluetooth

02-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport Touring F11

Can anyone help with Data via Bluetooth

Hi,
Can anyone help me with Data via Bluetooth. I'm not getting very far at the moment either with the dealer or customer services on getting this working.

Even though the car was only built week 4 of 2012 I found that the software was 3.4.31 - I have now updated this to 3.5.4 (I tried several times to do this over the air but it stuck at 89% each time - anybody else seen this? - so I did it via USB stick in the end). After doing the update I now get the options for the Data via bluetooth but it never uses the data via the bluetooth. It always tries to use the built in sim for the car. Where I live the car SIM does not have any coverage so all the data functions fail. The only coverage in my area is from Orange. Hence I would very much like it to use the data from my phone which is with Orange

I've tried 2 different phones, I have all the options fitted to my car. I can connect my ipod (ios5) via bluetooth to my phone and that gets data quite happily via the phone so I know the phone is configured correctly as far as APN's are concerned.

Is anyone using this and if so what phone and any other info would be greatfully received.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Do I take it that no one is using this feature?
Has anyone else tried to get it to work?
Has anyone got it working?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Well, I know there is a defect with Bluetooth audio. Say you configure bluetooth and it works. If you slide your phone into the cradle or connect via USB then the system detects a dual path conflict. So, instead of doing the logical thing by prioritizing a USB or cradle connection over a Bluetooth connection the BMW system resolves the conflict by unchecking Bluetooth audio. Thus, you have to manually reset the bluetooth audio in idrive anytime you slip your phone in the cradle or use USB.

This may not be your answer, but maybe it will point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
eskdale
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the reply - However I'm not using a cradle and at this time not using Bluetooth Audio.

Would love to hear if anyone has had this option working
Appreciate 0