2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Week 35 production

08-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

** NEW INFO **

I was slated for week 35. I called BMW and I am now in Week 36, production in September. The production status is "in production". I clarified and this does not mean that it is being built yet, but it is in the queue and "in production" also speaks to it being scheduled, with order details feeding their supply chain, etc. So if you are week 36 as I am, it should say in production, but as I clarified, it won't be built until September.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #24
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Why the change, did BMW confirm that you would not have the updated ComBox hardware on week 35?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550xi

I sent my dealer an email about it asking for the production month listed and haven't received a reply yet (he was out with a customer). This would be a first I've heard of a car not being built with a status of in production. I'm going to be all over this with my CA when I get a hold of him. When I told him I didn't want to take delivery of the first order because it didn't have the new ConnectedDrive he said the car is still coming. He then put the order for the new car with my paper-work stating the added component for the Combox Controller in the queue for order and then it was accepted automatically later per the info I was given. I made a big fuss at that time to ensure no order was placed too early as to were I wouldn't get the new components so that it must be a September production car. I'll reply back here with the answers I get from the dealer.

2009 335i Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic [Saddle Brown, Poplar Gray]
Premium /// Sports /// StepTronic /// Heated /// Nav /// Sat /// iPod & USB /// HD Rad /// Logic7
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Why the change, did BMW confirm that you would not have the updated ComBox hardware on week 35?
I was told week 35 by the dealer, and week 36 from BMW themselves. What they did say is that I am for sure a September build. They said that the combox will be in September builds.

We are all so focused on the Combox. Maybe we need to focus on the Black Box that withholds clear information on what will or will not be in our cars!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #27
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon ExAudi Guy View Post
I was told week 35 by the dealer, and week 36 from BMW themselves. What they did say is that I am for sure a September build. They said that the combox will be in September builds.

We are all so focused on the Combox. Maybe we need to focus on the Black Box that withholds clear information on what will or will not be in our cars!
What is the "Black Box"?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #28
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Soon ExAudi Guy - just got confirmation that 6VC does show as a valid code for my car on week 35, so for now am pretty sure the combox will be included. Am still waiting on another seperate source from BMW just to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #29
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

** UPDATE **

I spoke with my dealer today and he said he sent an email to the Product Manager at BMWNA to verify the Production Month. He also said that cars that go into production around mid-August are typically September stamped including any new fixes, warranties, our changes.

Premium /// Sports /// StepTronic /// Heated /// Nav /// Sat /// iPod & USB /// HD Rad /// Logic7
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #30
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymanese View Post
** UPDATE **

I spoke with my dealer today and he said he sent an email to the Product Manager at BMWNA to verify the Production Month. He also said that cars that go into production around mid-August are typically September stamped including any new fixes, warranties, our changes.
Great. It seems like we are getting consistent answers now.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
Soon ExAudi Guy
Week 36 Build
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymanese View Post
What is the "Black Box"?
Just an expression. The seems to be a big challenge getting simple answers out of the dealer's mysterious system -- their "black box".
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #32
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Hi guys,

I know this is the F10 forums, but since there is an active discussion going on here regarding the September changes, can I ask if any of you guys know whether the combox on the E90 will also be 6VC on the order pages? I'd like to get my dealer to confirm.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #33
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
Hi guys,

I know this is the F10 forums, but since there is an active discussion going on here regarding the September changes, can I ask if any of you guys know whether the combox on the E90 will also be 6VC on the order pages? I'd like to get my dealer to confirm.

Thanks!
The 6VC shows on my order sheet for my E90 M3, scheduled to be finished Sept 6th...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #34
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
The 6VC shows on my order sheet for my E90 M3, scheduled to be finished Sept 6th...
Perfect, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

*!!* New Updated Info*!!* - Anyone with mid week 30's prod. may want to read

I just received new updated information from my dealer about my car (550i F10). Remember, I said that my car was originally scheduled for 'Week 37' production and then moved early to Week 34. Well, my dealer contacted BMWNA this past Friday. You may want to contact you dealer after reading the email sent to me from my CA:

"A little bit of a situation has come about with the status of your BMW 550.
As you know, we had re-ordered the car for 'September Production' so that it would incorporate the New BMW Assist and Bluetooth System.
BMW has pulled forward the production of some units, including yours and has taken out the New BMW Assist and Bluetooth System, without getting an okay from us.
As you would expect, we have refused to accept these units and they are going to rectify that situation by giving us fresh production from the September lot.
As of now, I don't know what dates these New units wil be produced and shipped, but are happy that we were able to catch the error before the cars were physically here.
I do aplologise for the delay and hope you will agree with our point-of -view; that cars should be exactly as the Customer ordered them and nothing short.
I will keep you posted as soon as I get more information.
Thanks and warm regards."

BTW, I am in Maryland, East Coast if that helps.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #36
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

BTW, my paperwork also stated 6VC Combox Controller.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
Grizzles
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M

i have a 550 xi m sport on order for week 37 build date. my CA says that is the first week available. (maybe for the XI's)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #38
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Great...........I thought I was done worrying about this and now the confusion is back on again. I have week 35 production and got the order printout from my dealer that 6VC does show as a valid code. So what we are now saying is that BMW can go ahead and make our cars (with valid code) without the ComBox?

This is not acceptable. This is the second car I have ordered, got dinged a few$ for doing so, just because I want this new hardware. Now I have to go back to my dealer and say..........it's not over yet.........

How do we even know that week 37, or 38, or......will have this?

I am slightly pissed.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #39
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
i have a 550 xi m sport on order for week 37 build date. my CA says that is the first week available. (maybe for the XI's)
What has been confirmed for Sept. (2010) F10 equipment:

Just confirmed, that "week 37" is the first Production Week that all new F10's will receive the new equipment. Again, "Week 37" or later. I had correspondence with my the Sales Manager of dealer that BMWNA stated all F10's receiving the new equipment for September 2010 will begin production in "week 37" (notice the quote).

I originally cancelled my first F10 order from late June when I read in early July about the new equipment. My new/current order was placed in a 'order queue' back in mid. July for a week 37 production schedule to be one of the first in line order for my requirement to have the new BMW Assist Extended Bluetooth with iPod Connecteddrive features. Again, this clarification for new F10 equipment in September vehicles as a week 37 production comes from BMWNA to Dealer input which is why my dealer rejected my VIN to get "fresh production from the September lot" which is again week 37 or later, as of today 8/23, and as quoted in my previous post.

What this may mean for you:

If yo do not have a "week 37 or later" Production Week then do not expect to receive the new equipment. You should have your dealer contact BMW to verify for your car. If your car doesn't have the equipment you want you can refuse delivery, however, your dealer may or may not charge you a fee.

What is certain at the dealer level:

All cars ordered by a dealer will be delivered to the dealer once the car has entered production and cannot be refused by the dealer unless BMW did not configure the order as specified by the Customer Order. It is the dealer's responsibility to sell the car once delivered. If you did not sign a clause for a selling fee upon refusal of delivery then you are !00% free of obligation.

If you order a specification and the car has entered "Schedule for Production" status you can no longer make changes to the order. If the order has been placed but has not yet entered production then you can request modification to the order through your dealer. Your dealer may push back but technically can be done within their system. *verified by experience*

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #40
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great...........I thought I was done worrying about this and now the confusion is back on again. I have week 35 production and got the order printout from my dealer that 6VC does show as a valid code. So what we are now saying is that BMW can go ahead and make our cars (with valid code) without the ComBox?

This is not acceptable. This is the second car I have ordered, got dinged a few$ for doing so, just because I want this new hardware. Now I have to go back to my dealer and say..........it's not over yet.........

How do we even know that week 37, or 38, or......will have this?

I am slightly pissed.
Remember, your paperwork probably stated 6VC Combox Controller "Blocked" as mines did just as well the selling price "Blocked". In other communications with my dealer, it was stated that BMW moved forward some units early to get started with their massively growing orders for the F10's in regards to the early August vacation leave in Germany. I made sure my dealer understood my reason for cancelling my first order which is at the PDC in Jersey now. This is why they rejected the current car after confirmation to my inquiry on last Friday (read the previous threads here). Thankfully, I didn't have to pay a fee, but I would this time if I refused delivery.

Last edited by Rafyel; 08-23-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #41
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Dymanese - When I got a copy of the order last Friday afternoon, 6VC did not show as being blocked. Neither was the selling price. However, based on your latest information, it woould seem that week 37 is the safe bet and have sent an e-mail to my dealer, telling him that I would like to be moved to that date.

Unlike your situation, the Combox was annouced the very day that my car rolled off the prodcution line and was little I could do, not knowing that BMW was going to make this change. I thought about the implications of not getting the latest hardware, but made the decision that these features, and future upgrades later, were too important to ignore. I want to have these features because I usually keep a car at least 7 years and as such, think the combox will be able to support phone, Bluetooth, Ipod, ...you name it, well into the future.

Appreciate your additional feedback and the heads up this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #42
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dymanese - When I got a copy of the order last Friday afternoon, 6VC did not show as being blocked. Neither was the selling price. However, based on your latest information, it woould seem that week 37 is the safe bet and have sent an e-mail to my dealer, telling him that I would like to be moved to that date.

Unlike your situation, the Combox was annouced the very day that my car rolled off the prodcution line and was little I could do, not knowing that BMW was going to make this change. I thought about the implications of not getting the latest hardware, but made the decision that these features, and future upgrades later, were too important to ignore. I want to have these features because I usually keep a car at least 7 years and as such, think the combox will be able to support phone, Bluetooth, Ipod, ...you name it, well into the future.

Appreciate your additional feedback and the heads up this afternoon.

No worries. Others have also stated on the forum that their paper-work showed "blocked" for the 6vc feature. Although I'm eager to get my new baby I can wait to ensure I get what I want because I too usually keep a car 7+ years.

IIf had not contacted my dealer who contacted BMW directly then my dealer would have excerpted the car under the impression that it would have the new equipment based on the order originally being slated for September 'week 37'. This post inevitably caused my CA's Sealed Manager to contact BMWNA Product Manger directly for clarification of September orders. They had others who canceled theirs orders as well just to get the new equipment.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #43
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep

My fellow BMW comrads, don't just trust the immediate response you get from the dealer. Have them contact BMW to verify your proper answers. Only the manufacturer or BMWNA has the most accurate info. Sometimes when you call the 1-800 number they will try to refer you back to your dealer which is fine because only those managers at the dealer above your CA has direct contact for true information the dealer needs which can be passed onto you.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #44
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Dymanese, that's why I am so perplexed right now. My sales manager did contact BMWNA and talked to a couple of different sources there. They all confirmed that week 35 should be ok and as long as 6VC was valid, it was good. In addition to this...last Friday I called Martin himself (Product Manger who announced the combox on the product bulletin that started this whole thing.) I left a message and that afternoon one of his guys called me back. He said that as long as 6VC showed up on the order, I should be ok and would get the new combox.

I'm really not sure what else I could have done short of flying to Dingolfing and knocking on their door.

Just glad that you passed this additional information along. Maybe your dealer has better resources at NA. Mine just e-mailed me back with confirmation that I am now moved to week 37!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know if you get any further details. Better to delay these orders up front, than suffer finding out after the car is made.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0