2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Surround view wiring harness DIY

02-07-2024, 09:58 AM   #1
mikola
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Garage List
2016 BMW 528i  [9.00]
Surround view wiring harness DIY

I've newly gotten a 528i. It's got reverse camera but no surround view. So I decided I'd install it myself since I find it as a very useful feature and a very fun thing to do. I've almost found all the parts from different ebay sellers for reasonable prices but the wiring harness.. Man, it's ridiculously expensive. So I thought I could make my own. At the end of the day, those cables are not something very special. Does anyone have a list of exact cable types and connectors, so that I can buy them separately and build them on my own? I need to know what the following cables are made of:

1. The 2 wires from the ECU to the top view cameras
2. The 2 wires from the ECU to the side view cameras.

As I already have a reverse view camera, I think there's already a wire for the reverse view and the one that runs from the ECU to the head unit, unless they're different.
Attached Images

Last edited by mikola; 02-19-2024 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0