2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Are my fuel pumps bad, need help !!!

09-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #1
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Garage List
Are my fuel pumps bad, need help !!!

Hey guys I’m having an issue with my 2011 f10 535i, I have a long crank only while in cold start. The car still drives good and if I turn it off while warm and turn it back on even a few hours later, it will start right up no problems. I have the following 2 codes:
- DME shadow (inactive) codes - 11A401 - Fuel high pressure during fuel injection release: Pressure too low.
11B401 - Fuel high pressure or after enabling injection (2nd ambient condition set after delay): Pressure too low.

I haven’t tuned my car and I don’t think I should tune it yet while having low fuel pressure. So far I’ve changed out my fuel pressure sensor, DMTL pump due to a vacuum leak and a lot of other stuff that are honestly unrelated to this issue but you get the point. I’m not sure if it’s my fuel pumps Becuase like I said the car runs great still but I feel so bad for my starter in the morning. It cranks for about 3 seconds before it starts. I think my car loses high pressure when the car is off Becuase as I said before if I drive and turn it off and turn it back on, it will start right up with a half a second crank. Can anybody help me or steer me in the correct path ? I have a 3rd gear pull I logged if that can show anybody anything wrong with my car https://datazap.me/u/wesam54/log-168...4-35-36&solo=3
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 10:42 PM   #2
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive, F25 xDrive35i

Garage List
Extended crank time usually is a symptom of the HPFP which the N55 is known to have go out. Hopefully someone else could chime in with their experience.

And yes, the general rule of thumb is to get the maintenance up to date, ensure a proper running car first and then tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 10:47 PM   #3
wesamjaber2004@gmail.com
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houranimd49 View Post
Extended crank time usually is a symptom of the HPFP which the N55 is known to have go out. Hopefully someone else could chime in with their experience.

And yes, the general rule of thumb is to get the maintenance up to date, ensure a proper running car first and then tune.
You are correct but I can’t really put my eyes on the hpfp Becuase the car still drives good and there is no long crank if my car is warm. It just feels like it slowly loses the high pressure when my car is off for hours but I’m wondering if it’s my in tank pump.
Appreciate 0