2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Timing Chain N20 Claim Denied

11-30-2022, 05:13 AM   #1
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Timing Chain N20 Claim Denied

I Had an N20 with all qualified repairs to be reimbursed. All Over a year wait for reimbursement promised to owners by the court my claim was denied based off a complete false and bogus reason in attempt for BMW to not pay owners settlements owed. Quite disappointed as everything was given according to how they wanted it. Interested if any other claimant has gotten the same baseless reasons to deny claims?
      12-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

So you don't give even a hint of the reason you were given, and then ask if others got the same reason? OK.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #3
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

What was the month and year your 528i was built? I heard after 03/15 the timing chain belt issue was resolved. Sorry about your situation--it's a shame that BMW did this to this series of cars.
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2022, 02:43 AM   #4
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
So you don't give even a hint of the reason you were given, and then ask if others got the same reason? OK.
The reason stated was bogus. It states the part numbers was missing when the invoice had the part numbers used. They are trying to hold the independent shops invoices to the same standard as a BMWs dealers invoice and thats just not possible. Each shop uses their own invoice styles. But the interesting thing is the deficiency letter to cure it was sent and never stated this and only said that parts and labor was not separated when it was in-fact clearly separated. too cure it i resent the invoice. Although the final denial letter states the part number is missing. Why didn't they say this is in deficiency letter to cure it? Just doesn't make since and seems like a tactic to not pay out. They received everything as requested but still denied. I have appealed it as-well but i think they will play more games with long waits.
      12-25-2022, 02:45 AM   #5
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
What was the month and year your 528i was built? I heard after 03/15 the timing chain belt issue was resolved. Sorry about your situation--it's a shame that BMW did this to this series of cars.
Mine was a LCI 2014 model. The build date was eligible and affected vehicle.
      09-05-2023, 04:31 PM   #6
TheRidler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 Sedan

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15_SGM View Post
The reason stated was bogus. It states the part numbers was missing when the invoice had the part numbers used. They are trying to hold the independent shops invoices to the same standard as a BMWs dealers invoice and thats just not possible. Each shop uses their own invoice styles. But the interesting thing is the deficiency letter to cure it was sent and never stated this and only said that parts and labor was not separated when it was in-fact clearly separated. too cure it i resent the invoice. Although the final denial letter states the part number is missing. Why didn't they say this is in deficiency letter to cure it? Just doesn't make since and seems like a tactic to not pay out. They received everything as requested but still denied. I have appealed it as-well but i think they will play more games with long waits.
I'm sorry I'm just catching this now. This exact situation happened to me. I am a bank auditor by trade and am obsessively complete with my documentation. I have every single invoice from the dealer for all maintenance ever performed on the car. At the same dealership, with the same service advisor (yes for over ten years now). My engine spectacularly died due to the timing chain failure and it was all replaced at the dealership. everything could be verified with a single phone call. BMW did some customer assistance at the time because it was only a couple thousand miles out of warranty, so my claim was for the remaining $1000+ or so. I got the same letter stating parts numbers were missing even though they were on the original parts invoice. I absolutely agree that it seems like a tactic to not pay out, and also submitted a appeal letter (to which they requested no additional attachments). I firmly stated that they erred in denying the claim and relisted all the parts and parts numbers in the letter. I also contacted the primary plaintiff's attorney and let them know I thought the administrator was playing games. I have heard nothing from either of them, and it's now September. Hopefully more people see this. I encourage you to also contact the plaintiffs' attorneys. Agree their rejection was completely baseless. Good luck to us!
Appreciate 0