2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media My custom CF steering wheel is completed :)

06-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #23
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Thx a lot, the CF shifter was a bonus lol

They work perfectly along with all the controls. The only thing I lost is the heating pad for obvious reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #24
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update for those interested in the steering wheel, the seller in Poland is not taking new orders at the moment as he is trying to complete standing orders.

I removed his contact info from original post for now.

And for those whom I shared the price I paid through PM's, he might not be able to match that price again as he said he underestimated the cost of reshaping the wheel & adding the CF insert which was more expensive than he thought.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Roswell, can you give us some updates or links on how to go about this?! thinking of getting this done over winter! appreciate it!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #26
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Roswell, can you give us some updates or links on how to go about this?! thinking of getting this done over winter! appreciate it!
Hey Bro, from the latest news the seller in Poland is still out of the CF biz until further notice.

I will sure post his contact infos once he gives me the green light.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 11:58 PM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
Hey Bro, from the latest news the seller in Poland is still out of the CF biz until further notice.

I've been keeping an eye out for steering wheels from Robson design and Lederzman but I remember yours so I'm looking for somewhat like yours. If u see something let me know!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #28
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post

I've been keeping an eye out for steering wheels from Robson design and Lederzman but I remember yours so I'm looking for somewhat like yours. If u see something let me know!
No problem, I will let u know as soon as he starts that biz again.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2015, 02:52 AM   #29
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Did you, or rather, he, retain the heated steering wheel function? Can he make a heated steering wheel like this? PM me if he is taking orders again sometime in near future.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 04:09 AM   #30
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
Did you, or rather, he, retain the heated steering wheel function? Can he make a heated steering wheel like this? PM me if he is taking orders again sometime in near future.
Looks like most steering wheels will lose the heater function. Funny u posted as I've been browsing steering wheels for the last hour. Looking for one that still uses the non m airbags!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #31
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick
He had to remove the heating pad & wiring since heating CF will most likely damage it in the long run.

I'll sure let u know if he gets back into the biz.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #32
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Cool, thanks. I am surprised the Carbon Fiber is that susceptible to heat and cold. There are pieces under the hood that get extremely hot/cold during normal operation and would think with the right clear coat, that same procedure could be used on the Steering wheel. Makes sense though as to why BMW does not offer CF on its aftermarket CF steering wheels. Beautiful wheel though!

Wonder is a nice black wood could be used instead in a color match to CF dash I have. Hmm....
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #33
Roswell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick
Cool, thanks. I am surprised the Carbon Fiber is that susceptible to heat and cold. There are pieces under the hood that get extremely hot/cold during normal operation and would think with the right clear coat, that same procedure could be used on the Steering wheel. Makes sense though as to why BMW does not offer CF on its aftermarket CF steering wheels. Beautiful wheel though!

Wonder is a nice black wood could be used instead in a color match to CF dash I have. Hmm....
Keep in mind that CF engine bay parts are protected by resin as "outer shell" as opposed to CF steering wheels heating pads are installed behind the CF fabric itself which might damage the fabric from inside.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #34
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Dang! A MSport air bag is gonna cost me $450 bucks not sure what the controls will be?
Appreciate 0