2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M Sport Questions

04-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #23
GARBAJ
Private
Rep
Drives: I'm hunting a car...agonizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
If you want a 7 series interior for the less price, 5GT is your answer. personally I like how it looks, but lot of people also don't. Another thing is that 5GT don't have M-sport if you want to get that sporty look.
Oooo, can't go there... I'm not at all hip to how it looks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
NCAA 77
NCAA 77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 ///M3 Competition

GARBAJ, I too went through the agonizing decision of what new toy to get, and some of your potentials were also on my list. I am a BMW guy, through and through, so the MB and "other" cars were not appealing to me. I really thought the M5 would be the winner, but after driving the new F10 550 right after an M5, I liked the F10 better. The 400 hp twin turbo really pushes you back in your seat like an M5 but I do admit the exhaust note is not nearly as impressive. The new F10 interior is light years ahead of the M5 as are all the "tech" features. I needed a vehicle in a short time and did not have the luxury of waiting for the new M5 to come out. But even if I did, I think the 550 M Sport would still be a better deal. The premium price for the M5 is hard to justify. Mileage is better with 550 (I am at 18 mpg now), I have x Drive which immensely helps up here in the Midwest winters, and the M Sport package still gets you almost everything an M5 will offer. What it doesn't offer is just that...it is not an M5. You know it, your car lovin' friends will know it, but the rest of the world does not know the difference. If performance is what you want, load up a 550 M Sport, get the dinan or vishnu chip, change out the exhaust and tint the windows. Debadge it and even BMW-philes will have a hard time noting the difference.
Just remember one thing...you are lucky to be in the 'dilemma' that you have and any one of those cars you listed will be awesome. I really hope you stick with BMW, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #25
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco View Post
If you want a 7 series interior for the less price, 5GT is your answer. personally I like how it looks, but lot of people also don't. Another thing is that 5GT don't have M-sport if you want to get that sporty look.
not really a 7 series interior other than the dash?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #26
GARBAJ
Private
Rep
Drives: I'm hunting a car...agonizing

I drove both back to back yesterday (750I M Sport and a used 550I) Both are great cars. I have to admit, I liked the 7 more, but after thinking about it, am wondering if this 5 wasnt "hindered" in the comparison... The 5 was used, but I didn't look at how many miles were on it. The feeling I had in the 5 is that I could "feel the tires" on the road, as if they were potentially worn... I know, the 5 is supposed to be more of the drivers' car... I tried all suspension adjustments on both. I'm going to try a new 550I when one comes in. I really dont want to spend the extra $21K on the 7, but it was niiiice... BTW, why not the same sized wheels and tires on both of these M Sports...that being the 20's? As they say when reviewing Sundays' bad plays before MNF on ESPN, "C'Mon Man!"...
Appreciate 0