2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Advice Needed...

07-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
bmwpgh
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535I X-Drive

Advice Needed...

First and foremost, I would like to thank anyone who is willing to guide me on this issue, because its somewhat of a complex issue:

BMW: 535i Xdrive – 39,000 miles

On the first Sunday in June, I was driving my car, and I noticed that the front end started to make a load of noise, resulting in me contacting roadside, they gentlemen on the phone guided me to a resting place where I could park my car, no worries… they promised at 5PM that evening they could pick up my 5 series. Needless to say I had to call an additional seven times to get this thing towed, BMW said there was a lack of communication with Nationwide (3rd Party Vendor) that they used to supply services, beyond that they express a sincere concern with Customer Relations, and sent me two gift cards totaling 50.00 dollars for the issues. I am not much of a complainer, because all it does is make people start to hate you in the end.
My car gets towed to nearest dealer, now I must tell you… where I have to have a lot of “bit my lip moments” is… I work in the auto industry for Toyota and choose to drive my fun 5… I bought the car from a dealership in Ohio, which wholesaled the car to my Toyota dealership so I could tell my owner “I bought it from you.” The 5 for me, was just a car that I’ve always admired and was very happy to reach that point in my life where I could do such a thing.
Bringing us all up to speed at this point, the dealership that is working on the car is very small… and has offered me NOTHING besides a run around… they said they cannot provide me a rental car because I did not buy it from them, they wouldn’t even offer me a loaner car, because I didn’t buy it from them.
“OK” I could really care less, because I have my 4runner. “Whatever” just fix my car….
Two weeks go by… I get a call “Sir, your car is completed” they replaced the front diff, the axel shafts… bearings.. and a few other things… who knows why that went wrong… Again… second car…. No sign of me running over anything…. Etc etc… my cars are spotless… perfect… well maintained at the dealership units.
I pick the car up… and the issue still exist… knocking in the front end. Dealer tells me that they are sorry, I come in… they drive it.. nothing. I begged… and begged…. For over two hours to please let me show the tech… he rides with me…. Front diff starts making noise… goes…. Along with all the other items they replaced… once again… the parts are on back order…. I get the run around from the dealer… they called BMW REP…. he comes out… tells them to fix another list of things… there all baffled. Now look… between us, I could care less about my wows with my car that is down… its my second car.. and it’s a joy and a pleasure to drive. I have an open case with BMW… they claim I could be given something for “time down” who knows… the dealer the second time after being there three hours offered me a mid-size at 35.00 dollars per day…. What a crock… they couldn’t even offer me one of their BMWs?
I just got a status update from my service advisor… parts STILL are not in… no sign of when they will be in, he said they might have me in it before the end of the month…
I am sad to say, but I am a nice guy… I’m a sales person for Toyota that deals with screaming, needy customers all of the time, I didn’t yell, scream… or cry once. They pretty much know I cannot over re-act because, its tasteless and I should know better. But enough is enough, when and how can I start acting like a “customer”.

I have a bad taste in my mouth for how I’ve been treated… and all I keep getting is the run around. What should I do? How do I go about expressing my issue… when I get this fixed (I hope) how do I explain to BMW I need compensated for a dealership that seems to know nothing about customer service, let alone how to treat someone. I’ve reached my boiling point.

Thank you to anyone kind enough to guide me,
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

You can write a letter or email to BMWNA

Phone Numbers

Customer Relations: 1-800-831-1117

Email Addresses