2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Just purchased Bimmian HID retrofit kit

06-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
MATTE 5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

Just purchased Bimmian HID retrofit kit

Hello all,

After making the mistake of not ordering xenons, I finally couldn't take it anymore so tonight I bought the Bimmian xenoflo 6k HID retrofit kit. The install guides provided by Bimmian online are for an e46.. Not f10. I have absolutely no idea how
I would install these. I really need some help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
MATTE 5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTE 5
Hello all,

After making the mistake of not ordering xenons, I finally couldn't take it anymore so tonight I bought the Bimmian xenoflo 6k HID retrofit kit. The install guides provided by Bimmian online are for an e46.. Not f10. I have absolutely no idea how
I would install these. I really need some help.

Thanks
Bump
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

well, did bimmian say it can be installed on F10? this forum is not bimmian customer support you know.. If you just randomly decided to buy E46 parts to install in F10 without knowing how to, you're on your own.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
MATTE 5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losco
well, did bimmian say it can be installed on F10? this forum is not bimmian customer support you know.. If you just randomly decided to buy E46 parts to install in F10 without knowing how to, you're on your own.
Yes... Of course it says it's made for the f10 BUT the install vids provided by bimmian are for the e46.
No need to point out the obvious and say this isn't bimmian customer support.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
chinese_food
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

I was thinking about getting those but I am too paranoid. From the looks of them, they look pretty difficult to install.

If you figure it out, please let us know. I wish I could help
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
MATTE 5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Spoke with a couple different sources all of which have lead me to believe a HID retrofit kit will NOT work for this vehicle. I'm somewhat frustrated because I don't know who to believe anymore. None the less- I cancelled the Bimmian order and placed a new order for some better looking halogen bulbs.. these will be easy to install and unlike the HID retrofit kit, I don't run the risk of ruining any of my vehicles electrical components.

...still makes me that my nearly $60,000 5 series didn't come standard with xenons.. but oh well

http://www.bimmian.com/Xenesis-Xenon...5-Series-from-
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
chinese_food
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTE 5 View Post
Spoke with a couple different sources all of which have lead me to believe a HID retrofit kit will NOT work for this vehicle. I'm somewhat frustrated because I don't know who to believe anymore. None the less- I cancelled the Bimmian order and placed a new order for some better looking halogen bulbs.. these will be easy to install and unlike the HID retrofit kit, I don't run the risk of ruining any of my vehicles electrical components.

...still makes me that my nearly $60,000 5 series didn't come standard with xenons.. but oh well

http://www.bimmian.com/Xenesis-Xenon...5-Series-from-
---

Get better halogens and drive with the fog lights on. trust me no one will notice
Appreciate 0