2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Noise in rear of center console when braking and accelerating

09-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
BlackBear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab + M850 + McLaren 570Spi

Noise in rear of center console when braking and accelerating

I hear a noise in the back seat area every time I brake or accelerate. It sounds like a loose piece of plastic in the ashtray that is bounced back and forth by braking and accelerating.

I think it is somewhere in the rear part of the center console. But it could be under one of the front seats. I don't really know. I seem to have tuned it out over the past 10k miles. My wife just drove the car and complained about it.

I hate taking my to the dealer. They seem to work on one thing and brake three others while the original issue remains.

Who knows where the noise is coming from?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

I have had the same noise in my car, in the same place since I've had it (over a year) I have TWO separate balls or whatever it is making noise, one will start before the other and there are two distinct tinks at the end of travel.

To me it sounds like the mixing ball in a can of spray paint being gently cycled back and forth...

Drives me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

My drivers seat makes a movement sound every time I Gas 98% of the time. I thought the previous owner had a child who always kicked the back and made it loose.. It?s DEF. coming from inside the seat & I feel so embarrassed with it without people everytime I accelerate. Where?s the DIY? I?m CPO, has anyone had any luck with dealers fix this?
      10-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
My drivers seat makes a movement sound every time I Gas 98% of the time. I thought the previous owner had a child who always kicked the back and made it loose.. It?s DEF. coming from inside the seat & I feel so embarrassed with it without people everytime I accelerate. Where?s the DIY? I?m CPO, has anyone had any luck with dealers fix this?
So I got sick of the noise in my seat, I have coverage so this was the report.
Attached Images