2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 535D (north america) 26CF00 and 26D200 Codes

05-17-2024, 10:11 PM   #1
Lee_EnfieldNo.4
Rep
Drives: BMW 535D

535D (north america) 26CF00 and 26D200 Codes

I was checking my car for codes for another concern, and found these codes, 26CF00 (supply pressure too low) and 26D200 (fuel pump power consumption too high)

I recently had these codes, with a whining noise coming from the rear. I replaced the Electric fuel pump and the whining went away and it seemed so did the codes, But just scanned the car and these came back, fairly recently (around 70 km or so ago)

Did I get a bad pump that failing already? I replaced with a Pierbug pump, which was one of the only options and seemed like the OE.

There is no noise, no lights, only reason I saw it was I checked the faults.

My battery is also on the way put, and regularly throws low voltage codes, could that effect these?

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 05:24 PM   #2
Lee_EnfieldNo.4
Rep

I deleted the codes, went for a drive into town and back and checked again. They came back, the list of occurrences seems to have only have happened for about 6km then was all good for the 20km or so of the trip.

Did a pump functional, and the pump ran fine, but I did hear some air in the line at first. quieted down after about five seconds or so. Wondering if there is a small internal leak in the tank and the pressure is bleeding off enough to throw a code? My impression is the car runs the pump when you open the door to prime the system does it not?

Found some references to the N47 with same low pressure code related to a inline sensor being bad and giving a low reading, but nothing other then you tube videos and nothing relating to the N57.

Last edited by Lee_EnfieldNo.4; 05-18-2024 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 11:58 AM   #3
Lee_EnfieldNo.4
Rep

Im starting to think a bad Low pressure sensor. Anyone know where the pressure sensor for the low pressure side is?

I found a fuel line with a connector, just at the rear of the engine. A fuel line with a connector seems like a pressure sensor to me. I can t find any direct reference to a low pressure sensor in google or the various part sites ive looked on.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 01:11 PM   #4
Lee_EnfieldNo.4
Rep

Well, if anyone was following this,

I replaced the battery and the codes seem to have stopped. Normally they would come back after driving but so far nothing.

Car had the original battery from 2016. So, was all sorts of done.
Appreciate 0