2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Armrest USB (Music) Quirk

03-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Armrest USB (Music) Quirk

does anyone else have this issue? so I download all my music onto a USB and put it into the armrest USB thing to help keep quality higher (vs AUX) and it also lets me select music from the Idrive. overall this route is more intuitive which I why I do it.

anyways.. I noticed that when I update the music on my USB (delete a few songs, then add some) and put the USB back into the port, I have to pull it out, then put it back in order for the new list to update. every single time. while it was a little annoying (more quirky then anything else) I got used to it but It would certainly be convenient not to have to do this whenever I update my music..

anyways, I wonder if this is a quirk with all you guys, or is it just my car? anyone mind trying this and see if the USB updates first try? thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #2
chill82
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M-Sport "unamed"

I think we're in the same boat, believe it's by design & found the same scenario when trying to use usb only mode or transferring files to HD.

I'm cheating a bit using old IPOD w/ 20GB-ish via usb & transfer things I want permanently on HD
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
mko9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 535i

Yes, not just you. If you add or delete tracks then everything gets out of whack. For instance, if you add one track then when you go select a song, it will show that it is playing that song but will actually be playing one track off. The more you monkey with your files, the farther off it will be.

'04 330i ZHP
'11 535i
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mko9 View Post
Yes, not just you. If you add or delete tracks then everything gets out of whack. For instance, if you add one track then when you go select a song, it will show that it is playing that song but will actually be playing one track off. The more you monkey with your files, the farther off it will be.
lol, it doesnt even show the updated tracks for me. pulling the usb out and putting it back in fixes it for me though.
Appreciate 0