2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) The Ultimate BMW F10 Order Tracking Guide!
Closed Thread

07-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #155
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Picked up today! See my thread entitled "oh my. . . " below! Thanks to everyone for this awesome board while I (and we) have waited. Oh, and by the way, the OC says the car is at the prep center (even tonight) and the 800 number says in transit. Oh yeah - I was "in transit" today plenty . . . only I had my foot on the gas!
      07-30-2005, 03:41 PM   #156
bookman2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i SP, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Jon
Picked up today! See my thread entitled "oh my. . . " below! Thanks to everyone for this awesome board while I (and we) have waited. Oh, and by the way, the OC says the car is at the prep center (even tonight) and the 800 number says in transit. Oh yeah - I was "in transit" today plenty . . . only I had my foot on the gas!
Enjoy it! I 've had mine since 7/18 and I've been so busy I've barely had time to flip through the manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2005, 05:48 PM   #157
deburn
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 ERed MT for lease transfer

I have no idea and the CA didnt either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Jon
What a bummer. Why so long? I stopped by the Spartanburg plant yesterday on my way back from vacation. The museum is very very small and I didn't have time for a plant tour. They had a ride and drive going on with a bunch of loaded z4s and x5s. Weird, there were no signs for the PDC that I saw. Maybe you have to ask. The plant is very large and the whole complex takes up TONS of space. I'll visit again when I have more time.
      08-03-2005, 01:04 AM   #158
Pfeif
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Wonderful site with lots of info! Thanks a ton.

Got the last 8 digits of my VIN from the dealer today (that was all he knew) and phoned to track production status. The automated system indicates already in transit, very surprising (in a good way, of course) considering I was told it would be an August build!

So now I'm trying to reconstruct my entire VIN based on the last eight numbers so I can track it on the WW website. First three are easy, but does anyone have the new model code (digits 4 to 7) for an e90 325i, sport, manual? I can figure out the restraint system and check digit number as well, but the model code has me stumped...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2005, 08:39 AM   #159
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeif
Wonderful site with lots of info! Thanks a ton.

Got the last 8 digits of my VIN from the dealer today (that was all he knew) and phoned to track production status. The automated system indicates already in transit, very surprising (in a good way, of course) considering I was told it would be an August build!

So now I'm trying to reconstruct my entire VIN based on the last eight numbers so I can track it on the WW website. First three are easy, but does anyone have the new model code (digits 4 to 7) for an e90 325i, sport, manual? I can figure out the restraint system and check digit number as well, but the model code has me stumped...
Why not just call 1-800-831-1117, speak with a rep, and give them your Production Number? They'll have the full VIN for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #160
cypwood
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 I 2006

Confused ?

I am going to order a 300 I next week. Is my car going to be made in Germany or South Africa ? I live in th US.

Don
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #161
NYCKid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Carmen Support Group

Anyone else waiting on the Carmen to come into port on 8/18?
      08-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #162
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

My car just finided production yesterday on Aug 10th. How long do you all think it will take to get. Im in Brooklyn, NY 15 minutes from NYC. Im getting impatient and I have feeling I still have a long wait ahead of me. 3 weeks? 4weeks? most likely more?

Thanks Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #163
deburn
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 ERed MT for lease transfer

Hopefully you wont but dont count on it. Mine was ready on July 15 and I'm getting it on Aug 22! That really drove me nuts. Mine is a PCD delivery which my CA said takes longer but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsebrklyn
My car just finided production yesterday on Aug 10th. How long do you all think it will take to get. Im in Brooklyn, NY 15 minutes from NYC. Im getting impatient and I have feeling I still have a long wait ahead of me. 3 weeks? 4weeks? most likely more?

Thanks Chris
      08-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #164
surlung
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

quick question about which ship

Hi All,

I ordered on 6/25, and I believe car was produced by mid July... OC was updated to awaiting transport around 7/22, then I think system finally updated to En Route on 7/29 or so..

Any guess on which ship my car would be on? I am in San Jose.. I called dealer twice, but both of the times my CA just told me it would be there by end of August..

I'm just having hard time waiting, and was wondering if someone has similar order schedule and know which ship they are on

thanks!
      08-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #165
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Can someone help me figure out what boat im on. Its been at port awaiting transport since the 12th. I check everyday. Today the 17th I checked and its in Transit. Looked at vessel schedule (tried tracking its not coming up) and there was a vessel that left on the 15th and there is one leaving tommorow the 18th. So which one is it on cause technically if its in transit i would think it would be on the one that left the 15th (the MEDEA), but then again if in transit just means its on a vessel it could be the 18th (the MIGNON). Anyone???

Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 11:38 AM   #166
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Exclamation

Well, I know my vehicle is on the Marina Ace and it left the port of Bremerhaven on 08/16/05. However, I can't use the NYK Line website without registering and to register you apparently must be a customer. I tried the sailwx.info site and it just times out. Can someone please direct me to a site that can be used to track my new baby? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong . . .

Okay, (doh!) I figured out the NYK Line tracking. But now, even though I enter the port of origin and destination along with the verified departure date no information is available. How could this be?

I have the dealer "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" with the vessel name, voyage number, bill of lading number and actual departure date and still I can find no info on this ship. Whaddup?

Okay, tried the sailwx site this evening and it's up now. However my ship is not on there.

Update: For future reference, although this hasn't helped me locate or track my ship yet, the NYK Marina Ace, the ship's Call Sign is: 3EQH5! Hopefully this will help someone in the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #167
liverpoolfc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVFan
I have a 5 for the restraint code...what is that?
I also have a 5 for the restraint code...what is that?

Thanks,
LiverpoolFc
YNWA
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #168
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Strange, I can't get any information regarding the ship my car is on. The Marina Ace left Bremerhaven on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 and is destined to arrive in Port Hueneme on September 11, 2005. None of the "west coast" sites will give me anything--they come up blank.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #169
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCKid
Anyone else waiting on the Carmen to come into port on 8/18?

Yes, my ED 325i is also on the Carmen. I just went to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site (www.2wglobal.com) and it looks like the Carmen will be docking in NY tomorrow!

But it also looks like after NY, it will dock in Baltimore, MD 2 days later and then Charleston, SC 2 days after that. I've been told the car will be unloaded at New York and I've seen the big processing center in NJ from the picture somewhere on this site. But I'm just curious, since it will my car will be delivered to me in Texas, when do BMW's get unloaded at Baltimore or Charleston. I'm guessing if you do a PDC, they unload in Charleston, but does anyone know the complete story on this? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #170
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I know this is not a timely question, but Trinidad? What is the boat doing in Trinidad?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2005, 08:07 PM   #171
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

agrusczak,

I'm pleased to hear you finally got your car and it has zero defects. Some of the bugs I've read about on this and a couple of other sites had me a tad worried. I mean, this is my first Bimmer and I was certainly execting to be driving "The Ultimate(?) Driving Machine" and indeed expect zero defects.

I ordered my 330i on 7/21 and its birthdate is 8/1. It left Bremerhaven headed for Port Hueneme, CA. on the NYK Marina Ace. Thus far have been uable to locate the ship on any "tracking" site. I spoke with my salesman today and he advised me I could be driving my new car as soon as 9/16!

I, too, have seen that the BMWUSA site's info is way behind. That's really too bad for BMW. I think we owners should be kept abreast of progress at least daily. They could certainly do better here. If they're going to have Order Tracking, it should be current.

Cheers!

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 04:18 AM   #172
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Great CMD! Thanks for the info.
Mine was completed on 8/4/05 and is en route as per the 800 number...so I am probably on Marina Ace as well!!! Now I need to call my dealer to find out the exact details!!

Man...I hate waiting...ahhhh..soon...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 08:07 AM   #173
Slappy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
Yes, my ED 325i is also on the Carmen. I just went to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site (www.2wglobal.com) and it looks like the Carmen will be docking in NY tomorrow!

But it also looks like after NY, it will dock in Baltimore, MD 2 days later and then Charleston, SC 2 days after that. I've been told the car will be unloaded at New York and I've seen the big processing center in NJ from the picture somewhere on this site. But I'm just curious, since it will my car will be delivered to me in Texas, when do BMW's get unloaded at Baltimore or Charleston. I'm guessing if you do a PDC, they unload in Charleston, but does anyone know the complete story on this? Thanks.
I live in Memphis and my E90 was unloaded in Charleston yesterday off of the Aida. Living in Texas, I would think that you would unload in Charleston as well. If you track your cargo on the W&W site by your VIN, it will tell you where your E90 is getting off the boat. From what I've noticed, the South Carolina VPC is faster than the New Jersey one. Other folks E90s from Cincinnati to Texas have come in via Charleston.
      08-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #174
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

magmd,

Very cool to know another Californian with an E90 coming on the same boat! What dealer are you purchasing from?

Your salesman can do a "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" on the BMW internal network and give you all the following info:

VIN, Product Number, Status, Actual Production Date, Priority, Customer Name, Port Location, Destination Location, Shipping Vessel Name, Voyage Number and Bill of Lading Number along with other seemingly meaningless info.

Keep in touch.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2005, 11:14 AM   #175
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsebrklyn

Thanks Chris
For those of you that were interested my vehicle was on the MEDEA it left on the 15th so im assuming there is a 2 day lag over the phone when it ships and a 3day lag on the Owners Cirlce Website. Cargo tracking for Wallenius Wilhelmsen took 3-4 days for it to register on there website. My 330i will be at port on the 26th. If you search by Vessel on Wallenius Wilhelmsen it shows you all of its stops and when it arrives and departs at each location.

SO WHEN DO YOU THINK I WILL GET MY CAR?? Im in Brooklyn, NY 20 minutes from NYC? You think i will get it by September 1st??

Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #176
dxk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540i

Mine is on Jingu Maru, arriving to NY on 8/24, I can actually see its exact position on sailwx.info, pretty cool !
f10 550i lci
g30 540i
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread