2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 and F11 +point

01-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

F10 and F11 +point

Hi,

Having been trawling this forum now for about 6 to 8 months and then signing up for my first few tentative postings in October last year: I cannot help but notice, and indeed I am sure I may have contributed to occasionally, the odd "negative" posting.

I mean, it's easy to nit-pick right;

- the steering experiences for some,
- a funny design detail with the body,
- a reflection here or there,
- why don't ugly girls look prettier through the Windows of my F10 (?),
- why don't all cars sweep aside in my presence on the motorway (?),
- why doesn't BBC Radio 4 report on only good news in my F10 - happy things - world peace, global economic stability, buy one get five free on Krispy Kreme, free love with amazonian virgin women for all righteous men ?

You know, small problems with the car like that.

I just wanted to have a posting that points out something positive. Something good. Just one thing really, that I have been thinking about, that has given me some joy, some pleasure with my purchase:

Has anyone noticed that the F10 / F11 drives like an absolute f'ing dream on the motorway?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d M Sport auto

Garage List
Totally agree.

In my test drives, compared with my E60 LCI M Sport, the F10 and F11 was immediately like driving a *wofty* 7-series, Rolls Royce or Maybach by comparison!

So comfortable on the motorway that I just had to get one. That's a big part of what sealed the deal for me.
      01-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
I just wanted to have a posting that points out something positive. Something good. Just one thing really, that I have been thinking about, that has given me some joy, some pleasure with my purchase:

Has anyone noticed that the F10 / F11 drives like an absolute f'ing dream on the motorway?

Cheers.

I think you will be banned with opinions like that on this forum

But I totally agree with you. Everytime I sit down in the car, close the door, turn on the engine and radio, I just sit there for a second and just enjoy the view, breathing out and thinking life is great after all.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Car us great.

Most people in this world struggle to just pay there bills each month. The amount of nit picking that goes on in some recent posts is getting silly.

These are great cars, all cars have some flaws even $M supercars. Just accept it. Remember how lucky we are to be in a position to own and drive these cars and smile!

If I see one more post about windscreen reflections I'm gonna flip out jerry maguire style
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
NewBimmerMD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post

Car us great.

Most people in this world struggle to just pay there bills each month. The amount of nit picking that goes on in some recent posts is getting silly.

These are great cars, all cars have some flaws even $M supercars. Just accept it. Remember how lucky we are to be in a position to own and drive these cars and smile!

If I see one more post about windscreen reflections I'm gonna flip out jerry maguire style
+ 1
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBimmerMD View Post
+ 1
+1 to all.

This is the sentiment I'm looking for !!

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Autojack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Carbon Black M-Sport

+1 ipso facto

I am glad you shared your thoughts. I feel the same way. My F10 550 is by far the most powerful, comfortable, enjoyable car I have ever experienced. Some days the comfort setting suits my mood, yet on other days only the sport+ setting will satisfy me. I do not enjoy the hard suspension ride of the M3 and M5, and the 750 feels too much like a limo.

IMHO, this 2011 F10 550 is the perfect blend and balance of all things enjoyable in a car.

File this under "couldn't be happier".
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
grasso06
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 528i, 2011 535i (ordered)

I totally agree with everyone. It's comedic yet true. The F10 is a magnificent car and deserves more holistic praise than nitpicking complaints. Although the drive may not be sporty perfection (especially without Dynamic Drive), it still carries the BMW spirit and excellent design.

One complaint... It feels so much larger than the rear interior space gives. When I parallel park, I always think to myself, "If this car is so large and difficult to fit into almost any space (in SF), why don't my rear passengers have more room?!"
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
drewb7787
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535i Sport AW/Cinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post

Car us great.

Great post NorthernMonkey! Sometimes I don't fully appreciate my fortune that I can drive a car like this. We are all very fortunate. When I first joined this board that was one of the things I noticed most. Enthusiasts criticize a car to no end and probably helps the company make a better car.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I can't drive my 550i M Sport enough, I just want to drive it "Anywhere" just to be in it.
That makes me really happy, it has NO faults at all, and I love it.
      01-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
alextse88
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M760i

agreed - driving my new 550i m sport is like have x-mas everyday of the year
Appreciate 0