2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Coding in KOMBI , profile specific it would seem?.

03-10-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Coding in KOMBI , profile specific it would seem?.

All,
I've previously coded the indicators in the HUD on my car. I had my car serviced the other day and when I dropped off the car, I used the spare key (which I never usually use).I drove back afterwards and noticed that that whilst other settings I had coded were still present (i.e. stop start set to last setting), the HUD indicators had gone.

If I used my usual key, the indicators are back.

I therefore backed up my profile from the IDRIVE to a USB key and then unlocked my car with the spare key and import that profile. Bingo - HUD indicators back.

Had a 'google' on this and it would appear that potentially some coding options are profile specific. It would appear KOMBI is.
I saw one post which alluded to the profile contain items in the idrive that you could set / unset , that's sort of thing. Whilst I had indicators in the HUD working, there is no option to select them on / off in Idrive.
[Still no idea why BMW never put these in to production]

This got me wondering.
So purely a technical curiosity, I wondered what's within this profile on the USB drive?

If you open up the file in a XML editor (notepad is not easy to read, IE works), it contains 3 bits of readable data along with a larger piece of encrypted data.

What you can read is :-
the name of the profile
the VIN of the car
the ISTEP of the car.

Now I was wondering if its possible to decrypt the other data - just out of curiosity to see what's in there.

I've not tried yet, but wondering if E-sys might be able to read it in someway.

Anyone played around with these profiles to this level?
Appreciate 0