2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2015 550 - Steering To The Right

09-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #23
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

I contacted my SA today about both the software update and the steering program. Will see what she says.
      02-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #24
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBro
I contacted my SA today about both the software update and the steering program. Will see what she says.
What was the end result?
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:57 AM   #25
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

2013 550i no issues
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #26
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLKFAN
Getting rid of my Conti run flats cured my problem. I installed my Alpina's with some non run flats and it changed my car completely. My car rides better now and less harsh plus the pull is gone and my car handles much better with wider tires.

If you are on factory supplied run flats it could be the issue. If you know of someone who has a set of wheels and tires or can swap out just your front tires for a test run it would be worth it.

The "program for steer ahead" seems like a great solution also but if the tires are the problem this program may not work. I wish I could have shown my SA this info when they were oblivious to what I had said to them about a software update that can fix the pull I had. I'm not sure why all BMW dealerships don't know of this.
Just want to add here that I got rid of my run flats too and it solved my stupid vibration. Driving and braking. Smooth as butter.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #27
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
BMW corporate is always very good about doing the right thing for its customers. As most readers on this forum probably know I got bad 2015 535d and corporate ordered me up a fresh new car. SA tried to fix the issue a couple of times, two different BMW engineers came out to the dealer and drove the car, agreed there was something wrong, and corporate called and informed me they were going to build me a new car.
Not in my case. I actually had to put my car through lemon law arbitration. I won it but BMWNA still tried to not give me all the money back that I paid for the car. I finally had to hire an attorney and only then I got the money back minus attorney fees. My car was 2011 F10 535 X-Drive. It went through multiple alignments. Even steering software update that actually doesnt exist on my model)) On a final attempt to repair BMW tried to blame me that I hit a pothole and bent control arms to extent that alignment could not be done.
Bent could not be seen visually but enough not to bring alignment back to specs. BMWNA offered to pay for control arms in exchange for signed agreement that I never claim/sue this issue again. I opted to go to court.

Only months later after all settled I found on the carfax that the dealership that tried to fix it the last time had actually put new struts and lied to me by not disclosing this fact. Instead they shifted the blame on me that I bent control arms. All repairs were done under supervision of corporate BMW tech so BMWNA was involved in this.

BMWNA can lie in order to deny warranty claim, just be aware. I am not surprised that 2015 still have the same problem.

2011 535 iX lemoned

Last edited by OnlyTruth; 07-23-2016 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #28
UA_civ_eng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Past:'11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTruth View Post
Not in my case. I actually had to put my car through lemon law arbitration. I won it but BMWNA still tried to not give me all the money back that I paid for the car. I finally had to hire an attorney and only then I got the money back minus attorney fees. My car was 2011 F10 535 X-Drive. It went through multiple alignments. Even steering software update that actually doesnt exist on my model)) On a final attempt to repair BMW tried to blame me that I hit a pothole and bent control arms to extent that alignment could not be done.
Bent could not be seen visually but enough not to bring alignment back to specs. BMWNA offered to pay for control arms in exchange for signed agreement that I never claim/sue this issue again. I opted to go to court.

Only months later after all settled I found on the carfax that the dealership that tried to fix it the last time had actually put new struts and lied to me by not disclosing this fact. Instead they shifted the blame on me that I bent control arms. All repairs were done under supervision of corporate BMW tech so BMWNA was involved in this.

BMWNA can lie in order to deny warranty claim, just be aware. I am not surprised that 2015 still have the same problem.
Would you mind giving some details on the court process? I'm not trying to be nosy, but would like to know how much it takes time and money wise to go to court for something like this.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #29
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA_civ_eng View Post
Would you mind giving some details on the court process? I'm not trying to be nosy, but would like to know how much it takes time and money wise to go to court for something like this.
Check your IM

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0