2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Suspension Thud/Thunk

07-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #45
mgattmch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 650iX GC

Fully covered under the extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #46
AttaboyK
Rep
Drives: 2011 535ix

Any chance you (or anyone else on this thread) finally resolved this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nison View Post
Mine does the same thing since a year ago everytime I make a turn and hit a speed bump, it sound like I scrape the bumper on the speed bump.
Took it to the dealer they always say they cannot replicate the issue.
Now my car is about to hit 50k miles, I'm going to the dealers every week and hope I can replicate it with a tech. But still no luck.
Any chance you (or anyone else on this thread) finally resolved this issue and if so, how please? Mine started very quiet over 2 years ago and has now become as loud as heard in my linked video. What's worse is every mechanic thus far (independent and BMW dealerships) is unable to replicate. Please watch my short 3 second clip (creak sound at 1 second in) and advise if sound is the same. So far I have tried changing my lower right control arm as it was visibly worn out - issue persists. Any input/suggestions is/are welcome. Thanks

Appreciate 0