2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Anyone successfully coded F10 in the UK?

09-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #45
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Thanks. I've got a 32Gb stick around somewhere. I could send it to you complete with the European 2013 maps. If I can find it among all my junk.....
You can just send me the empty stick - but thanks for offering the maps.

I have already got them downloaded and got my FSC code. The car is loading up USB1 as I write this

Just PM me if you want my address.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
Yql21
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
I don't think the F10 can be remotely coded. I haven't come across this yet.

If you are ever down south (in the Hamsphire region), give me a shout and I'll do it for you...
Hi can u do mine? I'm in the south west but will travel to you.
Thx
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yql21 View Post
Hi can u do mine? I'm in the south west but will travel to you.
Thx
You are welcome. I am away from mid Oct for a couple of weeks, but available before and after this period.

PM me and we can setup some date.
      09-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
Yql21
Registered
Rep

Thanks
Can u pm me so i can reply?
For sum reason i'm unable to message you.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #49
Yql21
Registered
Rep

Oh. Apparently i need to post atleast 5 times before i'm able to use the pm function.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #50
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

Quote:
You are welcome. I am away from mid Oct for a couple of weeks, but available before and after this period.

PM me and we can setup some date.
Hi, I remember you trying to enable LDW a while ago, did you have any sucess with it?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #51
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistry View Post
Hi, I remember you trying to enable LDW a while ago, did you have any sucess with it?
Yes, I have managed to get LDW enabled and working. I get the HUD symbol as well as display panel icons.

The system also detects when the car drifts over a lane.... but since my car does not have the steering wheel motor, it does not vibrate.

I have found the part for the steering wheel motor and it is about £90. I am now finding a local garage/ mechanic who would fit this.

The coding part is all done; all it now needs is the physical motor fitting and it should all work.

So fairly close to completing ...
      09-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #52
mistry
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I have managed to get LDW enabled and working. I get the HUD symbol as well as display panel icons.

The system also detects when the car drifts over a lane.... but since my car does not have the steering wheel motor, it does not vibrate.

I have found the part for the steering wheel motor and it is about £90. I am now finding a local garage/ mechanic who would fit this.

The coding part is all done; all it now needs is the physical motor fitting and it should all work.

Excellent, really good work. I may have to come pay you a visit.

You may find the vibrating steering wheel a pain, unless you always use your indicators, guessing you won't have the switch to disable it.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 04:43 AM   #53
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistry View Post
Excellent, really good work. I may have to come pay you a visit.

You may find the vibrating steering wheel a pain, unless you always use your indicators, guessing you won't have the switch to disable it.
This is where it gets really interesting; as I have found the physical switch and the associated coding as well. So it should all work neatly. The whole switch panel (right of steering wheel) can be replaced - this new panel has all switches (LDW, Active Cruise, HUD, etc....) and blank dummies - so I can have exactly what configuration i want.

My biggest problem is getting the time to do it all and tying up with a mechanic to open the steering wheel and place the motor.

Will get it done eventually...
      09-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #54
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 530d M Sport

Quote:
This is where it gets really interesting; as I have found the physical switch and the associated coding as well. So it should all work neatly. The whole switch panel (right of steering wheel) can be replaced - this new panel has all switches (LDW, Active Cruise, HUD, etc....) and blank dummies - so I can have exactly what configuration i want.

My biggest problem is getting the time to do it all and tying up with a mechanic to open the steering wheel and place the motor.

I'm guessin for LDW you'll need additional physical hardware correct?

Also, is it possible to retrofit heated steering wheel, without having to replace the whole steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #55
mistry
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Even better.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #56
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Answers inline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha View Post
I'm guessin for LDW you'll need additional physical hardware correct?
[Yes, there is additional hardware required. a vibration motor that costs about £90]

Also, is it possible to retrofit heated steering wheel, without having to replace the whole steering wheel?
[From what I have been able to figure out until now; it seems that the motor can be retrofitted fairly easily. So definitely not a new steering wheel. It will be no point doing this project if I have to buy a new wheel (about £1000)]
      09-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #57
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Answers inline...
But for LDW, do you not need sensors to detect the lane... when i ordered my car i dint select any of the packages like security or comfort.. so im talkin of those hardware requirement for ldw
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #58
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha View Post
But for LDW, do you not need sensors to detect the lane... when i ordered my car i dint select any of the packages like security or comfort.. so im talkin of those hardware requirement for ldw
What you need is the camera mounted under the rear view mirror for LDW. That is the only sensor used by LDW.

If you have 'Speed Limit Info' or 'Active Cruise Control' then you should already have the camera. If so, the LDW can be retrofitted just by the steering wheel motor and coding. The basic requirement is the camera sensor.

My car has the Speed Limit Info, but I did not choose LDW - hence this project of getting LDW working.

In reality, LDW is working on my car with just coding it (even without the steering motor) - the car detects the lanes and everything ; the issue is there is no driver feedback - that happens through the steering vibrating motor.
      09-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #59
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What you need is the camera mounted under the rear view mirror for LDW. That is the only sensor used by LDW.

If you have 'Speed Limit Info' or 'Active Cruise Control' then you should already have the camera. If so, the LDW can be retrofitted just by the steering wheel motor and coding. The basic requirement is the camera sensor.

My car has the Speed Limit Info, but I did not choose LDW - hence this project of getting LDW working.

In reality, LDW is working on my car with just coding it (even without the steering motor) - the car detects the lanes and everything ; the issue is there is no driver feedback - that happens through the steering vibrating motor.
aah makes sense.. damn, i dont have either... nor active cruise control nor speed limit info..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #60
JD-IRL
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F11

Quote:

Is that the same camera that is used for the High-beam Assistant (5AC) as part of the Vis package?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-IRL View Post
Is that the same camera that is used for the High-beam Assistant (5AC) as part of the Vis package?
Most likely yes, but would need testing for confirmation...
      09-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #62
JD-IRL
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F11

Quote:
Most likely yes, but would need testing for confirmation...
Okay cool , I've just got my E-Sys cable in the post today and hope to get the software installed and running over the weekend. I'll have a play around and see if I can get it working.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #63
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-IRL View Post
Okay cool , I've just got my E-Sys cable in the post today and hope to get the software installed and running over the weekend. I'll have a play around and see if I can get it working.
Fantastic.... here is the coding that you need:

KOMBI:
3003, TLC_VERBAUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_TIMEOUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_ALIVE, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_APPL, aktiv

KAFAS:
3000, TLC_START_VERSION, default_on
3000, TLC_ON_OFF, aktiv
3000, SEND_MESSAGE_327, aktiv
3000, SEND_MESSAGE_345, aktiv
3006, ACTUATOR_ON_OFF, aktiv

HU_CIC:
3001, LANE_DEPARTURE_WARNING, aktiv

SZL_LWS:
3000, Lenkrad_Vibration, aktiv

... let us know how it goes.

If you get LDW working; then also try with
SZL_LWS: 3000, Lenkrad_Vibration, nicht_aktiv

.... and let us know the result.

Does your car have Blind Spot Monitoring (Lane Change Warning system Option 5AG), because then you would already have the Steering wheel vibration motor?
      10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #64
obr2d2
Rep
Drives: f10 2012

Active Cruise Control

Does anyone know whether it is possible to enable Active Cruise Control for the F10?

I have a highly specced car with the Auto High Beam camera/sensor and chose not to have Active Cruise Control as it seemed a pain on the motorway...

but after I closed my spec someone explained that in traffic jams it is great as it drives for you if you have an auto - making the journey so much simpler.

Is there an option to code?

GSPANNU I am just outside Andover and have ordered an ENET cable and have ESYS and PszData 47.5 - would you like a beer(s) to show me how to code the TV, Radio and Telephone in HUD, SLI, etc

I have just bought my wife an F10 which arrives October 24th and in a couple of weeks I would love to be able to mod it a little.

All the best,
Sam
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #65
SouthHams
Rep
Drives: 520sSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Thanks. I've got a 32Gb stick around somewhere. I could send it to you complete with the European 2013 maps. If I can find it among all my junk.....

Xenon: Could you tell me when the 2013 Maps were released? I'm having a debate with my dealer at the moment about their availability.

If you could pm me with a safe source for the maps I would be grateful.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #66
SouthHams
Rep
Drives: 520sSE

Quote:

I have the front camera by virtue of the high beam assist. Is it possible to retrofit the LDW and Speed Limit info. I also have HUD and the Lane Change Assist fitted with the vibrating steering wheel.

As an aside, the LCA works well when the car is approaching in your blind spot on the drivers side, but is a pain when you overtake someone as you need to have a very large gap before you can pull in or risk loosing the feeling in your fingertips.
Appreciate 0