2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Vibration in drivetrain

12-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Shnitzer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 535i

Vibration in drivetrain

Anyone having this vibration ,it occurs at highway speeds 75-79 mph
already road forced balanced all wheels and tires ,vibration feels like its from the rear,did a visual on front and rear flex disk they seem fine . Not able to see carrier bearing unless I drop exhaust too lazy right now to do that My car has about 88,000 mi on it
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #2
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnitzer View Post
Anyone having this vibration ,it occurs at highway speeds 75-79 mph
already road forced balanced all wheels and tires ,vibration feels like its from the rear,did a visual on front and rear flex disk they seem fine . Not able to see carrier bearing unless I drop exhaust too lazy right now to do that My car has about 88,000 mi on it
Man this fckin VIB drives me insane, I matched all PSI's to spec & still VIB on the highway. How much did it cost to Force.Bal all 4 corners?? This is my next step but didn't know the cost. I complained to service already and they said my wheels weren't bent.. once I force bal & if the problem still exist letting Bmw deal with it. If not LemonLaw.com here I come.
Pls, how much to RdForce all 4 corners?
      01-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #3
kmaforty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i, '17 530i, '20 330ix

550i vibration

I am also experiencing a vibration on smooth highway mostly over 80mph on tip-in or constant speed. If I coast in neutral, it is still there, but much less severe. It seems to be driveline related and load sensitive. The vibration feels like a shudder in the body/seats/steering wheel, maybe coming from the rear and it phases in and out. I just bought the car last month and noticed it right away, but has really become more annoying as I drive it more. The previous owner confirmed the issue but did not know the source or seem to have addressed it with dealer. It is a '12 550i with 38k. I have 18" snows on it. I am guessing the 20's will have the same issue. Anyone know the cause and how to fix?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

After getting all the PSI's perfect and having front wheels balanced I'm so sick of this non quality ride. No shimmy in the steering wheels, car drives straight, but still has a effff'in shake & watching a bottle of water look like there's a earth quake.

Monday I have a appointment and really going to stress this issue. I'll come back with updates.
      01-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #5
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
Pls, how much to RdForce all 4 corners?
I think I remember less than 10#. You should look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
After getting all the PSI's perfect and having front wheels balanced I'm so sick of this non quality ride. No shimmy in the steering wheels, car drives straight, but still has a effff'in shake & watching a bottle of water look like there's a earth quake.

Monday I have a appointment and really going to stress this issue. I'll come back with updates.
Factory wheels? When they have the wheel on the balancer have them check for and show you if the wheel is, in fact, bent.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

So I have my service app Monday, I decided to go stock & take off the spacers/tune/etc.. shockingly my ride home from work wasn't bad at all vs (34mile all highway). I think these BMS 15mm spacers are causing almost all of my vibration.
Stock 19's Stock suspension