2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications FIXED!!! - 2012 535i Xdrive - oscillating vibration on right turns 50-70 MPH

07-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
BMelchner
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i Xdrive MSport

FIXED!!! - 2012 535i Xdrive - oscillating vibration on right turns 50-70 MPH

Fixed today - It was the front right wheel bearing! Apparently if you get a highway vibration on this 4wd car making right turns, then the RIGHT wheel bearing could be the culprit. This is opposite from what I know on other cars. Chan

Original Post --->>>

As the title states, I'm having a vibration issue that I can't identify. It's well pronounced to me starting around 50 MPH. After around 70 MPH the car is butter. M-Sport package car.

Originally, I thought it was tires, so I put 4 new tires on with a fresh alignment. No fix. Then I rotated the tires, no fix. I was told it was a wheel bearing. Because the noise was on right turns, I changed the left front wheel bearing. No fix. Ugh!

There seems to be some noise on slower, sharp, hard left turns as well that I'm noticing now. Maybe it was the right wheel bearing all along?!?

Anything else I should check out? I searched and searched already and haven't found another thread. Apologies if I missed it.

Last edited by BMelchner; 07-12-2016 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
BMelchner
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i Xdrive MSport

While I had the rotor off I also sanded down the hub, inside of the rotor, outside of the rotor and inside of the rim. All smooth just as extra caution. It wasn't bad but thought it was a good extra step.
Appreciate 0