2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Good bye folks !!!! :( and Thank you

03-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #89
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvor View Post
I was going to post this, too... and I was surprised that no one had beaten you to it. I still hang out on the my.is (formerly is300.net) site from when I had my IS300.

That being said, I also agree with the fellow that quoted you... that with all the hate on here, I'd be reluctant to stay.

To all of you guys trashing the Ford (and pretty much anything that isn't a BMW), you need to cool the F off. This guy has clearly made his decision based on what he likes and doesn't like about his outgoing and incoming vehicles. Its his decision, not yours. Second, and its been said already, Ford has come a long way with the Mustang, in everything from interior quality to handling. Thirdly, the current regular Mustang GT will keep up with my car. The new Shelby should thrash it. Most of y'all that are really ragging on the Mustang (and the Shelby no less!?) would be obliterated on a track.

Also, Sync > iDrive.

OP, stick around and ignore all the guys who don't appreciate the beast you've got on the way
pile of dog shit>idrive
      03-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #90
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraforce1 View Post
Ford (First On the Rubbish Dump)

If you wanted power you should have got an M3, it can at least go around corners

Enjoy the Mustang, you should still frequent the BMW forums. All the best and I hope you have many great miles in the Mustang
The shelby will go around the corner and the m3 at the same time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Just slower than the M3...
Yeah no...

Granted none of it means jack since 95% of the members here have never even been on a track before. Most members here would be passed by a good driver in a miata...
      03-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #91
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post

Yeah no...

Granted none of it means jack since 95% of the members here have never even been on a track before. Most members here would be passed by a good driver in a miata...
No way dude - there is a direct correlation between time spent on an enthusiast forum and driving skills on the track and the street.

Didn't you know that 100% of forum members are FAR superior to the average driver?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #92
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

One of the meanest, best looking cars I have seen.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #93
sour07
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Coupe

Congrats on the Shelby! I hate Mustangs in general especially V6 stangs and 5.slows but the Shelby is a different beast especially the Super Snake version with 800HP.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #94
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

"5.slows". Ironic, considering the Ford runs circles around a 328.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #95
sour07
Private
Rep

first of all thanks for the laughs I would never race my car and 2nd id take a hemi over a stang any day.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #96
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour07 View Post
first of all thanks for the laughs I would never race my car and 2nd id take a hemi over a stang any day.
A hemi? I guess if you are going redneck, might as well go full redneck.

All joking aside, I would go Z06 or CTS-V if I went domestic. There a number of really nice american cars these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #97
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour07 View Post
Even with a hemi, dodge can't touch the stang.
      03-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #98
sour07
Private
Rep

The new 6.4 is faster
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #99
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Faster than the 6.1 but not faster than the GT500 in a straight line or a road course, no matter what year model you're looking at. Plus, the price you pay for 6.4, you're better off getting the Boss 302 or a GT500 new. Which both will beat the 6.4 Charger, 300, Challenger and Jeep.....btw, the new Jeep SRT-8 is damn sexy......

The new GT500 is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see what times they post and shut the ZL1 fan boi's up. I really want to see what times they did around the 'Ring.

Oh and congrats on your purchase. Please do update once you receive the car, but we know it won't be for a few months....so we will try to have some patience like you are needing.....lol.

For all the people saying you'll go back to a BMW, they just look for luxury and meh performance. This car is a performer with meh luxury and interior quality. This new GT500 is a game changer for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #100
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I think Dodge has more problems than Ford does.
      03-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #101
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

I'll say this again because no one seems to have caught it... a Mustang is a great car in its own respect but its purchased for a different purpose than a BMW, in fact a completely different purpose. It comes down to what a person values in the end but if you are after refinement, a great daily driver, luxury and a decent performer... the 3 series is by far the better choice. The Mustang is purchased for one and only reason and that is performance, it sucks in all of the other qualities at least compared to a BMW. I think a lot of people are bashing the 'stang here because they value what a BMW brings to the table and this being a BMW enthusiast site should really be no surprise to anyone. Go jam a BMW down someone's throat on Mustang World and see the type of response you get...
      03-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #102
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
Go jam a BMW down someone's throat on Mustang World and see the type of response you get...
"Jam a BMW down someone's throat"?

I'm a member of multiple Mustang forums where there are XXXvs335 or XXXvsM3 discussions where no one says one ignorant thing about the BMW.

This thread was a "Thank you" thread from the OP in the non-BMW discussion section where it belongs; nobody jammed a Mustang down anyone's throat.... It's not even a "Kill" or "Race" story. Despite all that, it is STILL littered with ignorant fanboy crap. You can tell people all you want that this attitude is reciprocated elsewhere, but it seems the guys on those sites are more interested in fast cars while also having a preference. Sure, you get the fanboi vibe every once in a while, but go spend some time on SVTPerformance and tell me with a straight face that the ignorance is anywhere near the level it is here.... It's not, not by a long shot. I was really taken aback by a couple recent threads there where the N54 and M3 came up in discussion, and people wanted to know more about it, how to get power, what mods make how much power, what sort of upgrades were in development, etc... They didn't go on and on about the cost of entry, HPFPs, douchey BMW owners, etc... They talk cars over there.

...and "5.slow"?? Are you f'n kidding me? Slow compared to what? Not a 328. Not a 335. Not an M3. Most certainly NOT any of the Hemi vehicles (even the 392). ZR-1 yeah. GT-R yeah. etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #103
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

I suppose my post wasn't on par with what you were talking about?

Oh and did you know the Challenger 392 is running mid to low 12s.....stock? You might need to research that. The 5.0 will beat it in anything else but the 1/4 and I spent quite a bit of time plundering though SVTP and LS1GTO. Both are great forums.

Last edited by Vigilante375; 03-29-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #104
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

I'm a member of multiple Mustang forums where there are XXXvs335 or XXXvsM3 discussions where no one says one ignorant thing about the BMW.

This thread was a "Thank you" thread from the OP in the non-BMW discussion section where it belongs; nobody jammed a Mustang down anyone's throat.... It's not even a "Kill" or "Race" story. Despite all that, it is STILL littered with ignorant fanboy crap. You can tell people all you want that this attitude is reciprocated elsewhere, but it seems the guys on those sites are more interested in fast cars while also having a preference. Sure, you get the fanboi vibe every once in a while, but go spend some time on SVTPerformance and tell me with a straight face that the ignorance is anywhere near the level it is here.... It's not, not by a long shot. I was really taken aback by a couple recent threads there where the N54 and M3 came up in discussion, and people wanted to know more about it, how to get power, what mods make how much power, what sort of upgrades were in development, etc... They didn't go on and on about the cost of entry, HPFPs, douchey BMW owners, etc... They talk cars over there.

...and "5.slow"?? Are you f'n kidding me? Slow compared to what? Not a 328. Not a 335. Not an M3. Most certainly NOT any of the Hemi vehicles (even the 392). ZR-1 yeah. GT-R yeah. etc...

Always amusing to listen to the bargain basement shopping BMW owners spout off about cars that would completely own them.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #105
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:

I have to agree. E90 has a lot of insecure BMW owners. It makes the forum hard to read sometimes. I like to think it's because of youth, but sometimes I don't know.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #106
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I got booted off the M5 board for stating a magazine review said the new M5 went into limp mode 5 times while they tested it.

Forum mods are the ones that posted the damn article. Should I not read the article?
Link please!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #107
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post

Yeah no...

I've actually tracked my M3 a few times We have a cool track called Kyalami, and every month they have open track days.

BTW I was only joking about the M3 and Mustang on the corners. I've seen what the Shelby can do and I was impressed to say the least. Pity we don't get them in SA (well you can but it will cost the equivalent of about $184K! Yes you read right, a $184k)

Cheers guys
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #108
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Oh and did you know the Challenger 392 is running mid to low 12s.....stock? You might need to research that. The 5.0 will beat it in anything else but the 1/4 and I spent quite a bit of time plundering though SVTP and LS1GTO. Both are great forums.
Yessir, that car really shines at the strip, and I almost got it because it reminds me most of a muscle car; the Camaro and Mustang are pony cars. Believe me, I'm not knocking the Hemi or the Challenger, I was just saying they don't make the 5.0-equipped cars look slow. I think stock the Challenger has a decent advantage in the 1320 over the 5.0 GT (it's a few tenths of a second I think, which is a good amount). But it doesn't exactly relegate the 5.0 to embarrassment. Don't forget though, that the Boss has the "5.slow" and also runs low 12's stock. In fact, this may be a bit OT, but as a Shelby guy I was amazed by this:

141 trap with I think only a KB, injectors, DRs and a tune. I'd have to do quite a bit to the Shelby to get it anywhere near 141. That Boss is a damn good car and that Coyote really deserves all the accolades it gets. Too bad it's mated to a POS of a transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraforce1 View Post
BTW I was only joking about the M3 and Mustang on the corners. I've seen what the Shelby can do and I was impressed to say the least. Pity we don't get them in SA (well you can but it will cost the equivalent of about $184K! Yes you read right, a $184k)
$184k? Really? No thanks, I'll pass (actually I don't think I'd even have a choice in the matter). How much does an M3 sell for down there?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #109
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

The M3 costs about $111K in SA. We have high import duties and taxes. Our cars are some of the highest prices in the world. The Mustang doesn't come to SA, so they import them especially, hence the huge price tag.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #110
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yessir, that car really shines at the strip, and I almost got it because it reminds me most of a muscle car; the Camaro and Mustang are pony cars. Believe me, I'm not knocking the Hemi or the Challenger, I was just saying they don't make the 5.0-equipped cars look slow. I think stock the Challenger has a decent advantage in the 1320 over the 5.0 GT (it's a few tenths of a second I think, which is a good amount). But it doesn't exactly relegate the 5.0 to embarrassment. Don't forget though, that the Boss has the "5.slow" and also runs low 12's stock. In fact, this may be a bit OT, but as a Shelby guy I was amazed by this:

141 trap with I think only a KB, injectors, DRs and a tune. I'd have to do quite a bit to the Shelby to get it anywhere near 141. That Boss is a damn good car and that Coyote really deserves all the accolades it gets. Too bad it's mated to a POS of a transmission.
Yes, the Boss 302 is a 5.0 but it also has a different intake (good for higher RPMs), an increased RPM range and more power. It hooks good, running 12.3s and maybe .1 or .2 faster. But that is also a total different beast compare to the GT. But the trans is a chinese POS that they need to revise and make better. I know all about the issue's the 5.0 was having when it came out, like the #7 and #8 psiton's then the trans grinding or not going into gear.

Quote:
"...and "5.slow"?? Are you f'n kidding me? Slow compared to what? Not a 328. Not a 335. Not an M3. Most certainly NOT any of the Hemi vehicles (even the 392). ZR-1 yeah. GT-R yeah. etc...
Which I was referring to in your orginal post (above)....so a Boss 302 is on par, maybe a tad slower, with a Challenger 392 (12.2x) in the 1/4 and faster than the 5.0 or GT which runs a best of 12.7. Which I have seen personally and he still had temp tags on it and this was a couple of months after the 5.0 was on the street.

I thought it people understood the Mustang GT as the 5.0 now and the Boss 302 as well.....Boss 302.
Appreciate 0