2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Phone cradle preparation with iPhone4s question.

12-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

Phone cradle preparation with iPhone4s question.

Hi all.

So i have an f10 from 2010 June that came with the Mobile phone preparation and Bluetooth. The Cradle prep is in the armrest...

I am now ATM using an iPhone 4s that is connected via Bluetooth to my iDrive PRO. For music i have an iPod 160GB that i had to buy a specific cable in order to be able to see the playlists etc... all works fine after i got the cable...

THIS ONE:

BMW part number - 61120440796

The other day I have plugged in my iPhone 4S to this cable and realized i was able to see my playlists and operate the music from my iPhone like if i would have the iPod connected... furthermore iPhone connected as standard via Bluetooth so i could now listen to my tunes i had on the phone plus if call came in i could answer that the music would mute and came back on after the call was done.... great!

HERE IS THE question.... I would like to keep the iPOD pluged into the Y cable and just order the CRADLE for my phone prep that i have in the Armrest.... I heard do that there are 2 different ones available so which one would i need in order to get the iPhone 4s : CHARGED / CONNECT TO EXTERNAL ANTENNA AND BE ABLE TO PLAY TUNES and PLAYLIST tha are stored on it?

Thx for the answers.

L
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Why the BMW cable when you can get Art and same music with the original cable, I also have the same setup a iPod 160g and stopped using the BMW cable, with the original one I get the Art work displayed too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
FElleven
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 M550d

Exactly, use the original apple cable for ipod and buy MEDIA Snap-in cradle for your i4s, thats how I have it, 240GB loseless music stored on iPod, and iPhone is storing 64GB of new music (mp3, mp4, acc, loseless), adding-removing weekly.

MEDIA adapter is the top one with all functionality, it even plays video on iDrive screen.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

Gents thx for the answer but i have bought the BMW Y cable because of the reason my iDrive did not recognized my ipod 160GB. When i connected the ipod with the original apple cable it recognized my ipod 160 as an external drive and not as ipod... the cable above in my first post fixed that.
I do have artwork on my ipod 160 but it dont display...

So Looks like i have an older iDRIVE or idrive that needs updating or?

Thx S
Appreciate 0