2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding New Owner

03-11-2021, 02:28 AM   #1
CammyB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5 Series BMW

New Owner

I have just bought a new to me BMW 5 series
Vin number G722068

My question is how can I update this map , it is showing on the screen

RL.EntryNav_Nav. 116293A
I have read there are different types of maps .
Can anyone tell we what system I have and what I would need to do to get the map updated with a free lifetime FSC code.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
There's a thread here somewhere with a person who can provide you with the correct link to the free update file and a free lifetime FSC code that will need to be entered in the car when you update your map file.

You need to request the correct map type, such as NEXT or PREMIUM. This is based on the head unit type I believe.

Based on the photo, you'd need the version for the Entry Nav, I'm not sure what map type you need for that, as I've only seen the maps listed for NEXT or PREMIUM, but I'd start researching to see what version is compatible. My guess is the PREMIUM version is what you need.

Below is a link to a post I put together back when I first updated my maps. I don't know if you can still create your own FSC codes with the software I mentioned, or if you'll need to reach out to the poster of the map update thread I mentioned above to receive one for free. You can also buy one online, but where's the adventure in that.

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556104
Appreciate 0