2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Ampli installation on BMW F10 with audio base

02-05-2021, 04:39 AM   #1
ghostrider1969
Rep
Drives: F10 530dx

Ampli installation on BMW F10 with audio base

Hi,
I’m about to install an ampli/dsp processor Addison f8.9 on my BMW 530dx equipped with audio base system. Previously I had already installed an additional Bimertech CarPlay module, with its quadlook connector splitter, which I laboriously ambushed on the left of the compartment occupied by the CIC unit. To "cascade" 'the additional Audison splitter I would need to know where the audio cables coming out of the HU pass, whether under the steering wheel - from where I will have to pass all the wiring anyway - or on the left side of the central tunnel. Any of you have any idea?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
ECR33
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Hi,

There are several threads on the forum if you search for them. Mine is one of them Have a look here: https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692988

I would recommend not dealing with another quadlock adapter behind the CID and instead just grab the speaker signals from under the front seats. As the Audison AP F8.9 accepts high voltage speaker input that seems like the easiest solution!

Name:  Audison.png
Views: 2750
Size:  82.3 KB

As you are located in Italy I would recommend using the Eton BAK wiring harness. Simply solder the end of the BAK harness to the Audison Speaker Input harness and you're good to go!

To install the Eton BAK you remove the front seats and install the two connectors where the subwoofers are located (one under each front seat) Then you run the wiring harness from the front seats to the trunk of your car (if that is where your amp/dsp is going to be located). Have a look in my guide - There's a simple diagram I made.
Appreciate 1
Jamesmick131.00
      02-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
ghostrider1969
Rep

I’ve already read your post and I considered the setup you suggest, but I took my decision to opt for the quad look extension because I read on a other forum that the audio signal to front woofer/mid isn’t complete. In particularly, I chose the configuration suggested by Addison site, the same you reported in your post and furthermore to add the central channel. So the last problem I have to solve is to accomodate the (third) quad look behind the CIC, possibly under the steering …
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
ECR33
Denmark
Rep

The forum didn't tell me you responded in this thread. So sorry for the late reply!

Did you get this sorted? I have no idea what you mean by the audio signal wouldn't be complete with the Eton BAK or other similar PnP harness for under the front seats. You are literally getting the signal from the same wires and source, just at a different point in the wiring. The Eton BAK routes the wires back to the original connector that goes to the mids and woofers, so it is very much complete. Whether you grab the signal behind the HU at the quadlock connector or under the seats - It's the same wiring!

Sure, go with Audisons methodology of grabbing the signal behind the HU, but just know it won't make a difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #5
ghostrider1969
Rep

Sorry if I answer so late, but I had a big problem with my family and the amplifier installation went to second place. As I wrote about incomplete signal I meant that with the system you suggested I'll take the signal only from the front channels instead of from the front + rear channels. The original Audison cable takes the signal and brings them to the amplifier from all eight quad look cables (four front + four rear speakers). The amplifier accepts up to 6 channels as speakers input ...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #6
ECR33
Denmark
Rep

No worries - Had long forgotten about this thread.
I see what you mean. In practice I would not believe this would make any noticeable difference. Other than the fader option in the CID won't work as intended with my proposed setup. But I understand if you want to go another route than my proposed setup. Just keep in mind if it is worth the hassle or not. It will not sound any different IMO.

Oh well - Everyone has their own take on how to do things - And that's great. Otherwise we'd never learn anything new :-)

Hope everything works out for you and your family!
Appreciate 0