2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding HUD issue

02-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #1
Pauliuzz121
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 328i 2010

HUD issue

Hello,

I just bought a car and trying to identify why the HUD is not showing up on the windshield. It does work, i can change the HUD settings, i can turn it on/off. At night I can see it shining from the outside of the car but only from specific angle. But nothing shows up on the windshield. Nothing at all. Not even a bright spot.
When looking from the outside I can see it getting darker/brighter, sometimes I can see words, but nothing on the windshield.

Maybe someone had a similar issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliuzz121 View Post
Hello,

I just bought a car and trying to identify why the HUD is not showing up on the windshield. It does work, i can change the HUD settings, i can turn it on/off. At night I can see it shining from the outside of the car but only from specific angle. But nothing shows up on the windshield. Nothing at all. Not even a bright spot.
When looking from the outside I can see it getting darker/brighter, sometimes I can see words, but nothing on the windshield.

Maybe someone had a similar issue?
Is it possible that someone before you purchased the car had replaced the windshield with an incorrect one? HUD windshields have a special reflective part that shows the HUD. To see if it is the windshield at fault, try holding up a mirror where you think the HUD would show on the windshield, to see if you can see it then. If so, it sounds like your windshield is not reflecting back the HUD image.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 01:54 AM   #3
Pauliuzz121
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 328i 2010

Yesterday we deleted the error codes, one was from the HUD, but can't remember about what it was. Today in the morning it started to work out of nowhere.

I was excited like a child (btw there's no indicator on the windshield that is supports HUD, but it's not blurry, it sharp and beautiful).

Name:  20210211_095012.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  169.1 KB
Appreciate 1
cdmulders326.50