2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications BMW 520d 135kw - Experience www.racechip.de ?

09-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Pierval
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 520d '12

BMW 520d 135kw - Experience www.racechip.de ?

Anyone has experience with the products of www.racechip.de ?

I'm searching for something to increase the power of my 520d.
Real chiptuning would cost me in my neighbourhood between €800 and €1000, I'm looking for alternatives. So I found this:

http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...0d-3838-r.html

Advantage of this product is you can install it yourself, moreover installation looks really easy (watch the video on their website). My plan is to buy the cheapest version, install it, and every time I go to the BMW service I will remove the chip. I emailed the racechip support and they said to me their is no chance of finding traces of the racechip when it is removed. since the racechip doesn't overwrite any cardetails, BMW diagnostic tools wouldn't be able to find traces. In this way I keep my 2 years warranty.

What you think about my plan ?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
kave
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Touring 2012

Garage List
If the look carefully the can find traces.
Why dont you buy BMWs own Performance kit? Full warranty.
      09-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
gre8tw8LL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierval View Post
Anyone has experience with the products of www.racechip.de ?

I'm searching for something to increase the power of my 520d.
Real chiptuning would cost me in my neighbourhood between €800 and €1000, I'm looking for alternatives. So I found this:

http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...0d-3838-r.html

Advantage of this product is you can install it yourself, moreover installation looks really easy (watch the video on their website). My plan is to buy the cheapest version, install it, and every time I go to the BMW service I will remove the chip. I emailed the racechip support and they said to me their is no chance of finding traces of the racechip when it is removed. since the racechip doesn't overwrite any cardetails, BMW diagnostic tools wouldn't be able to find traces. In this way I keep my 2 years warranty.

What you think about my plan ?
How's the racechip performance? any issues, errors or malfunctions? I'm trying to get more feedback and compare this with JB4 Stage 2
2012 535i Alpine White | Oyster Black Dakota Interior | Hamann Front Lip | LiteSpeed Catback Exhaust | M5 Diffuser| Painted Calipers & Reflectors | Black Gloss Grill | LED interior lights | Piaa Plasma Yellow Foglights | Born on 1/30/12
Appreciate 0