2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Replica Diffusers for M5 Mufflers - will it fit?

06-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #23
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixBmw View Post
Hey Guys, quick question, will a 2014 M6 mufflers fit like the M5 on a 2013 550XI? I can buy entire catback set in my area, should i just cut the mufflers off as that would be easier for transport or should i leverage some of the other components?
Yes they will and if there is issues, a good exhaust shop should be able to fab up mounts to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #24
HelixBmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 750LI M Sport X drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Quote:
Hey Guys, quick question, will a 2014 M6 mufflers fit like the M5 on a 2013 550XI? I can buy entire catback set in my area, should i just cut the mufflers off as that would be easier for transport or should i leverage some of the other components?
Yes they will and if there is issues, a good exhaust shop should be able to fab up mounts to make it work.
Thanks for the reply. I am assuming the mufflers fit with slight modifications but not the entire system right as the M6 is different? Here are the pictures of what I am getting. Should I just cut off the mufflers at the bend? I could find a way to get the full system home but would rather not if it doesn't make a difference.

Should I try to take the xpipe?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #25
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am assuming the mufflers fit with slight modifications but not the entire system right as the M6 is different? Here are the pictures of what I am getting. Should I just cut off the mufflers at the bend? I could find a way to get the full system home but would rather not if it doesn't make a difference.

The mufflers look about right. I think they will fit right into place. Its just a matter if you want the full exhaust. Like what kind of sound are you going for? I personally just installed the M5 mufflers mainly because I was getting a proper diffuser and the sound was a win.

I was thinking of just getting tips and welding them on the stock 535i mufflers but for $100 I was able to get the whole mufflers.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #26
HelixBmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 750LI M Sport X drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Quote:

The mufflers look about right. I think they will fit right into place. Its just a matter if you want the full exhaust. Like what kind of sound are you going for? I personally just installed the M5 mufflers mainly because I was getting a proper diffuser and the sound was a win.

I was thinking of just getting tips and welding them on the stock 535i mufflers but for $100 I was able to get the whole mufflers.

I want the V8 to wake up. But nothing that drones or
Is extremely loud. I will be hooking up exhaust valves. I just don't want to cut the exhaust and realize I could of used the entire system. I know mufflers fit. I also know the M5 full system fits the 550 with modification to connect to the down pipes. Keeping the stock m diffuser as well.
Appreciate 0