2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum I have ordered the GT

01-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #23
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by howieR View Post
I've got one on order. I own a X5 (which is great where I keep it in the mountains (& snow in winter), and I have had for four years a 745Li in the city. I liked the new 7 series, but my wife thinks it is a 'old man's car' (which I am at 63 yrs), she wanted something more sporty, and we like the higher ride of the X5. But the X5 was 'overkill' in the city. Hence when we discovered the GT, we realised it was the perfect solution. Has all the features of the 7 series for considerably less price. Especially in Australia where prices are distorted by luxury taxes as cars get higher in price. It also has huge interior space, yet looks like a normal car.

They look great 'in the flesh' which we have been able to see, in Switzerland where they are on sale. (Released in Australia in March 2010). Also the smooth quiet economical power of the diesel X5 convinced us to buy our first diesel for our Australian city car.
Congrats. There is no ignoring the price difference between the 7er and 5GT. In the US it's almost $20K difference between the two.

I've seen them at the dealership now that they are out and while I have to concede the fact that the interior is gorgeous I still just can't get into the exterior styling but, to each their own and I hope you enjoy the new ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #24
bkelley77@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: White/Cinnamon BMW 550I GT

Just custom built mine and saved $4500 US doing european delivery

I have had two 7 series (740 iL, 745i - current) and this is my fourth BMW since 2001.

I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and saw this car in person with 20" wheels, sport package, etc... This car is basically a 7 series at a big discount. Same engine, killer interior,... not to mention an awesome ride!

I took the car out for a couple of hours and immediately custom ordered one after getting the best price from a couple of dealers. White with cinnamon brown interior, 20" wheels, sport pkg, prm sound, camera, iphone, conv pkg, etc... can't wait!

For those who do not know about european delivery check out the following links. This will save you 7% from US base price. Check out the unique experience in the following videos.

European Delivery:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/Default.aspx

Virtual Tour:
http://www.bmw-werk-muenchen.de/lowb.../en/index.html

Will send picks... heading to BMW Welt in Germany on Feb 18th to take delivery. I will send pics

Bruce
Boston, MA
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #25
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I have the same car you ordered - a very nice color combo - you will like it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #26
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkelley77@gmail.com View Post
I have had two 7 series (740 iL, 745i - current) and this is my fourth BMW since 2001.

I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and saw this car in person with 20" wheels, sport package, etc... This car is basically a 7 series at a big discount. Same engine, killer interior,... not to mention an awesome ride!

I took the car out for a couple of hours and immediately custom ordered one after getting the best price from a couple of dealers. White with cinnamon brown interior, 20" wheels, sport pkg, prm sound, camera, iphone, conv pkg, etc... can't wait!

For those who do not know about european delivery check out the following links. This will save you 7% from US base price. Check out the unique experience in the following videos.

European Delivery:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/Default.aspx

Virtual Tour:
http://www.bmw-werk-muenchen.de/lowb.../en/index.html

Will send picks... heading to BMW Welt in Germany on Feb 18th to take delivery. I will send pics

Bruce
Boston, MA
Congrats on the new car. You'll have a blast on ED. We went 3 years ago and can't wait to go again.

Bimmerfest has a fairly helpful dedicated ED forum:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

It saved us some headaches that I wouldn't have thought about otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #27
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

No one will ever call that thing "eye candy".

Have you seen the view out the rear window? Absolutely Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #28
vaido
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i GT

???

what's wrong with the rear window?
too small? why would you even want to look back at it.

Great car by the way! Congratulations
i had also ordered one, sophisto grey, arriving in late june
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #29
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaido View Post
what's wrong with the rear window?
too small? why would you even want to look back at it.

Great car by the way! Congratulations
i had also ordered one, sophisto grey, arriving in late june
What's wrong with the rear window? It's like looking out through a tunnel. Who thought THAT was a good idea.

Let's put it this way. I was invited to the unveiling at my local dealership. They had a cocktail party going on, and when they uncovered the thing the room fell silent... until one brave soul exclaimed out loud "what the hell were they thinking?"
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #30
frantzy
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i Gran Turismo

I agree this is one car where the rear camera is essential for back-in parking, and I concede that it has an ungainly look from behind. But if you want (as I did) 7-series luxury and X-series cargo utility, it is a fabulous car.
Appreciate 0