2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum No information displayed in Info Display

03-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
doublemetreF10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 535xi N55

No information displayed in Info Display

This morning upon starting my 535, I had no information displayed in my aptly named info display.
I've attached a picture of the display, the only thing showing aside from the gauges is the gear selected indicator which works but won't display sport mode as it normally would. [IMG][/IMG]

I shut the car off and restarted to the same condition, so I opted to restart the iDrive unit by depressing the mute/volume knob for 30 seconds to no avail upon restart.

I have an upcoming appointment with my local BMW dealer upon my return from a trip to Switzerland, however I'd like to attempt rectifying this before I drive to Chicago on Saturday.

I may try calling to see if they can look at it today as I'm off tomorrow, I'll post back with what I find.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may have a solution short of a trip to the dealer, thankfully it's still within factory warranty and has CPO coverage after that.
Attached Images

03-30-2017, 07:41 AM   #2
doublemetreF10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Some additional information about this- the heads up display still displays correctly, and all the of the settings boxes are ticked "on" on the iDrive settings list for the information display.
      03-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

I just had the EXACT issue last week. Occurred only once upon startup and lasted until I got home and shut the car down. After sitting overnight, everything was back to normal the following morning. My guess is there is likely no fault code for the dealer to read, so unless by chance it happens again while in the service techs possession, there's not going to be much you can do about it. I'll ask my dealer about it tomorrow.
      03-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
doublemetreF10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
I just had the EXACT issue last week. Occurred only once upon startup and lasted until I got home and shut the car down. After sitting overnight, everything was back to normal the following morning. My guess is there is likely no fault code for the dealer to read, so unless by chance it happens again while in the service techs possession, there's not going to be much you can do about it. I'll ask my dealer about it tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply, I just called the dealer and I'm stopping by this afternoon to have them look at it, the service advisor made mention of performing some sort of instrument cluster reset, I will report back with whatever he does.

The car will have sat for around 5 hours before I take it over there, I almost expect it to be working correctly before I drive there, as nothing scares a car into behaving quite like a trip to the dealership.
      03-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemetreF10 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I just called the dealer and I'm stopping by this afternoon to have them look at it, the service advisor made mention of performing some sort of instrument cluster reset, I will report back with whatever he does.

The car will have sat for around 5 hours before I take it over there, I almost expect it to be working correctly before I drive there, as nothing scares a car into behaving quite like a trip to the dealership.
lol you got that right. I just texted my technician, he may advise I bring it in for the same reset.