2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Possible damage to the exhaust pipe/system?

05-28-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
BMW FOREVER
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i Xdrive

Exclamation Possible damage to the exhaust pipe/system?

My car was rear ended but it's was at quite a Low speed. There were a few nicks on the bumper and that's about it. However after that incident I began to notice the car shaking at idle and this could be felt only through sitting on the seat and not through the steering or pedals. The rpm were stable too. At first I didn't relate this to the accident and got the car checked up..the coils, spark plug etc. Got the car checked for errror codes too. Everything came up normal as it should be because the car has less than 20k miles on it.
Now I'm beginning to think could this be due to damage to the exhaust pipe? Visually the tips look fine, no sign of damage. I'm taking my car to the dealer for the bumper replacement soon. Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Check all the rubber bushings that stabilize the exhaust pipes to the body of the vehicle.

Separate but possibly related issue; my tensioner pulley has gone bad and causes my car to stumble while the idle remains solid.

Here's a video of a guy with the same problem. Don't tell him he thinks his car is a twin turbo

535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0