2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications BMW B47 engine fault code P0299

07-04-2023, 05:51 AM   #1
bimmerMo10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D Lci

Unhappy BMW B47 engine fault code P0299

Hi guys,

I've been searching around this forum and on google but have not really come to any conclusion as to what the issue may be with my car.

The car is a BMW 520D 2015 so it has the B47 engine.

I've had a P22AE error code for a couple of months but it hasn't affected anything whilst driving.

Recently I put the foot down (Engine was warm and at operating temperature), and the car boosted as it would normally. Later I noticed that it was letting off black smoke which worried me a little. I also noticed a 'tinny' sound coming from the car when idle at the lights or idle when parked. I thought it may be something to do with the exhaust or maybe an exhaust mount fitting loose or something. On briefly inspecting the exhaust it seems okay. Also the tinny sound dummed down when I put my foot on the exhaust tips (to see if its potentially some sort of metallic vibration). So i thought its probably an exhaust mount that may be slightly loose. So didn't stress too much about it after that.

Just the other day however, I was driving at 70mph and I put my foot down a bit more and went to about 80mph (I had an error pop up on my idrive system. Something about Drivetrain error - can continue driving with lower performance, etc). I decided to plug in my OBDreader and check on a OBD scanner app, it showed up P22AE(as before), and now also a P0299 code.

So I'm really stuck as to what the issue is with my car. Its on 150k miles and hasn't had any issues for the last 30-40k miles. I'm just wondering is this something to do with MAF/ MAP sensors? Boost lines?etc. What can I do to solve the issue.
Thanks in advance to anyone who provides any info/ advice.

Also is there any softwares Ican use to gain a more detailed breakdown of the fault/s? I have a ENET to OBD cable. I haven't previously used ISTA or INPA. But I don't mind installing these if they are any more helpful?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #2
bimmerMo10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D Lci

Update: Fault codes are

284E00
244C00
28E200
2F2C00
Appreciate 0