2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Windshield detailing

02-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Windshield detailing

My 2013 528i has what appear to be micro dings, tons of them. It looks like there are sparkles all over the windshield. I've never had this before in any of my cars. Is there a way to detail the windshield, similar to what is done on the painted surfaces? I searched this forum but didn't find any threads on this topic.

My F10 looks great, but I'd like to see what my options are without replacing the windshield.

Thanks in advance, I'm loving learning more about my car and this site is a fabulous way to learn from all the experienced people here. Thanks in advance.
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #2
VB5ER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2011 535i

2011 535 with the same issue. Only visible when the sun is low on the horizon. OCD so I can't deal when it happens. Used a clay bar on the paint and all windows about 6 months ago. You could "feel" the contaminants coming off the glass but didn't help with the micro chips in the windshield. Want to replace it but I know the minute I do I'll get rocked on the interstate. Waiting for post rock cracked windshield to replace. Virginia Beach, its only a matter of time.
Let me know if you find a solution though.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #3
Jcbama85
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB5ER View Post
2011 535 with the same issue. Only visible when the sun is low on the horizon. OCD so I can't deal when it happens. Used a clay bar on the paint and all windows about 6 months ago. You could "feel" the contaminants coming off the glass but didn't help with the micro chips in the windshield. Want to replace it but I know the minute I do I'll get rocked on the interstate. Waiting for post rock cracked windshield to replace. Virginia Beach, its only a matter of time.
Let me know if you find a solution though.
Thanks! I will try the clay bar but I suspect it'll have the same result as yours.
BimmerTech Amp
Appreciate 0