2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs Chemical Guy's Car Wash Soaps and Wheel Cleaners...

03-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Chemical Guy's Car Wash Soaps and Wheel Cleaners...

So I'm down to my last capful of car wash soap from Meguair's Gold Class and I'm looking into CG's product line and I'm interested in if any one has used their GlossWorkz,
BlackLight, Hybrid V07. Or if you've had great results from their other products please let me know!
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Gloss_B..._p/cws_133.htm

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_L...l_p/cws619.htm

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Hybrid_..._p/cws_808.htm

For the wheels I've just been using the same soap I use to wash my car but it doesn't really get all the brake dust and grime unless I really scrub which I don't want to do anymore so I was looking at their Diablo gel, Sticky Citrus gel or their Signature Series. Any first hand experience would be great!
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Diablo_..._p/cld_997.htm
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Sticky_...p/cld10564.htm

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Signatu..._p/cld_203.htm
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 03-20-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

some of those are meant to be used to strip wax etc before a full detail...i think the citrus one in particular.

watch their videos on the youtube

If i had a black car i'd go with the black light!

go get yourself a pressure washer and foam cannon as well! makes car washing so much more fun.

for wheel cleaner i've had good luck using sonax i get the big gallon from amazon....

carpro reset is also good by cquartz, it is pricey, but it works really well and has long dwell time (which is a huge plus if you're using a foam cannon)

i try to stay away from car washes that have 'wax' in them, as i'd rather get the paint clean and then use a good quick detailer i just got some kenotek show room shine which i'm excited to try out.

i'm waiting for my current car wash soap supply to run low so i can try out the chemical guys stuff....specially mr pink and the stripper suds...
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

check out any contamination removers....i have ironx by cquartz, prob a good idea to use as a presoak specially if this is your first full wash after rain/snow etc.

check out detailer domain vids posted on the forum here..

you spray it on a dirty car and let it soak in then rinse (and /or foam) helps remove bonded contaminants from the paint.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
some of those are meant to be used to strip wax etc before a full detail...i think the citrus one in particular.
i went back and i think you're right on the Sticky Citrus Gel wheel cleaner. the others show it won't strip any of the wax. planning on picking up a foam canon as well as a pressure washer. i'll probably end up clay bar the car again. doesn't feel too bad but i can feel some contaminants on the surface.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

before the clay, try the iron-x or other contaminant remover, its less work
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
before the clay, try the iron-x or other contaminant remover, its less work
yeah but i love rubbing her with lube(detailer spray)...it's almost like foreplay lol
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #7
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
I have many CG soaps and I can tell you that the glossworks is a very good one. Has a nice watermelon smell and it has a lot of slickness. Also makes a ton of suds. The blacklight one has a grape smell and produce a lot of suds. The citrus one is also cool but before you use it you have to shake it well. Also take care of not using too much or you can strip your wax. Appart of glossworks other good ones are v07, honeydew, mrpink, and blacklight. Theres a new one called Carbon Flex wash that according to CG helps maintain protective coats.

For the wheels I use diablo gel. It has a nice gum smell and works fine. If you need something stronger you can use Decon but that one is not cheap. I havent use the new sticky citrus because according to CG you cant dilute it like the diablo one.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Thanks gabypr! Sounds like you used a lot of their products! I think I'm gonna give GlossWorkz and Diablo a try.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #9
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Thanks gabypr! Sounds like you used a lot of their products! I think I'm gonna give GlossWorkz and Diablo a try.
Np, you can dilute Diablo gel up to 1:6 but you cant dilute sticky citrus wheel cleaner which wil last longer and spend less.

If you decide to buy the sticky citrus wheel cleaner let me know if its worth it. I havent bought that one yet.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #10
Desmond79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i, 2009 328i

I have used Blacklight. Can't say anything good or bad about it. Used Zaino previously.

I did use Diablo Gel on the wheels - diluted it 3:1 - not as good as full Sonax. Then I diluted it 2:1 and it was more effective on wheels. I believe in the youtube comparo, Diablo did a better job than Sonax, but I believe it was at full strength.

2009 328i 6 spd stick, Crimson Red/Sport Suspension, Bavsound Stage 1, 2

Former BMWs: '79 320i, '84 325e, 2000 328i, 2014 535i
Appreciate 1