2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT Central Jersey Detailing shop recommendation?

03-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
polyadam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Xdrive sport

Central Jersey Detailing shop recommendation?

Recently purchased a jet black 535, the color itself is PITA to maintain as you already know. Took the car for a hand wash today, noticed some scratches that weren't there before. My guess is the dealer did a bit of a quick detail on the car prior to picking up to conceal those scratches.

Anyways, anyone can share experiences, insights, recommendations about detailing services you have used? Greatly appreciated the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Detail Doctor in Shrewsbury NJ ... It's the only place I bring my cars ... Shawn does a great job as always!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
polyadam
Private
Rep

Thanks for the referral. Will look into it! BTW, what were you most satisfied by their work?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyadam View Post
Thanks for the referral. Will look into it! BTW, what were you most satisfied by their work?
The quality of products used ... the attention to detail ... everything is how I would do it myself ... if I were to do it myself. I don't have the time to do it like I used to, nor the desire ... but I am still a perfectionist with my cars, so if I'm going to pay someone to do something for me ... they better do it as well if not better than I would myself.

I'm not saying they are the cheapest place around ... far from it ... but you get your money's worth. Plus they offer an "express detail" service that you can do at any time without an appointment ... high-priced hand car wash, but they get every drop of water out of every crevice of your vehicle, so when you drive away ... by the time you get where you're going, there aren't water spots all over the place.

This place really pays attention to detail!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

So where did you go for a detail?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
polyadam
Private
Rep

Hey, I looked into the place in Shrewsbury, looks legit! Haven't gotten a chance to make an appointment yet, there is a place near me called Auto Image on Route 18, I am inclined to try. Will keep you posted!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyadam View Post
Hey, I looked into the place in Shrewsbury, looks legit! Haven't gotten a chance to make an appointment yet, there is a place near me called Auto Image on Route 18, I am inclined to try. Will keep you posted!
I've heard mixed reviews about them ... I was about to bring the wife's car there for tint, as my long time tinter in the Bronx has declined in quality over the last 3 years, and wants to use a shitty film now. I was about to use auto image, until I heard the mixed reviews about their professionalism. If you do end up going there please post your reviews about their service and how the job turned out.

FYI ... I am using The Art of Tint in Brooklyn based on some good feedback from forum members here ... So I will post my feedback after the job is completed today.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
polyadam
Private
Rep

I actually took my mother's MB to Auto Image last year to tint the windows, quite satisfied with their work. As far as detailing, I will probably wait until later when it gets a little warmer to consider. First item on my list is to install the M sport front bumper. I am considering powdercoating the wheels too. Do you have any good experience or know anyone that had good reviews about a powdercoating shop?
Appreciate 0